• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mammoth Ivory Gent's Folder (sold)

Alan Davis Knives

Knife Maker
overall length - 6 7/8"
blade - 2 15/16" tip to bolsters x 1 1/16" high
scales - mammoth ivory
bolsters - Mike Sakmar mokume
steel - .135 thick Alabama Damascus (contains 52100, 5160, 15n20 and 203e)
grind - hollow 10" wheel
liners - .063 titanium anodized and jeweled
clip - carved & anodized titanium
thumbstud - hand turned titanium

I used nylon sheathed ball bearings in the pivot for a fast and smooth operation. Strong detent, strong secure lock up and zero blade play in any direction.

(sold) shipping and insurance in the US. Paypal, money order and most other forms of payment. Thanks for looking, Alan.

GentlemansFolder017.jpg

GentlemansFolder014.jpg

GentlemansFolder022.jpg

GentlemansFolder009.jpg

GentlemansFolder002.jpg

GentlemansFolder012.jpg

GentlemansFolder004.jpg

Last edited:
That sir is an amazing knife. If the blade were only 0.5" longer...........

Wow Alan, what a very fine Folder. Lovely Mammoth and well fitted. Congratulations. You are a rising Star in the knife world.
roland

I spoke too soon the other day and I apologize... this is the best of your work!!!

If I had seen this I would have bought it and I am a Traditional slip joint kind of guy. Really sweet k I've and exactly the right size. Steven

Nice work! VERY nice!! You've blended an awesome group of materials into one great looking knife.

This thing is awesome. However, I think Alan's best work is the knife I received yesterday.

This is exactly what I had in mind. In discussing with my wife and our finances, I'm going to hold off on ordering for now, but when I'm ready, I'll know precisely what to order. Thank you for taking the time to discuss this. I will end up with this knife, just not right now.

Locutus

overall length - 6 7/8"
blade - 2 15/16" tip to bolsters x 1 1/16" high
scales - mammoth ivory
bolsters - Mike Sakmar mokume
steel - .135 thick Alabama Damascus (contains 52100, 5160, 15n20 and 203e)
grind - hollow 10" wheel
liners - .063 titanium anodized and jeweled
clip - carved & anodized titanium
thumbstud - hand turned titanium

I used nylon sheathed ball bearings in the pivot for a fast and smooth operation. Strong detent, strong secure lock up and zero blade play in any direction.

(sold) shipping and insurance in the US. Paypal, money order and most other forms of payment. Thanks for looking, Alan.

GentlemansFolder017.jpg

GentlemansFolder014.jpg

GentlemansFolder022.jpg

GentlemansFolder009.jpg

GentlemansFolder002.jpg

GentlemansFolder012.jpg

GentlemansFolder004.jpg

Back