Manakamana Special and Katunje for Firday Evening

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
18 inch 29 ounce Manakamana Special by Kumar. Horn handle. White metal fittings. Superb work by Kumar! $199. *SOLD*

s6r5yYf.jpg

keokSoT.jpg

s6r5yYf.jpg

12.5 inch 12 ounce Katunje my special by Kumar. Horn handle. Take this beauty home this evening at $125. *SOLD*

WiATfxy.jpg

P5W0K5G.jpg

Email to himimp@ao.com to get one or both
First come first served

Last edited:
Yangdu's special knife, one of my most cherished blades. Everybody needs one of those.
I don't have a Manakamana myself and can't pull this one off presently but it's on the want list.
The list is still long.........heavy sigh........

Well IBID on that Bawanna. I do like my Katunje too. Thats the perfect balance you can put on a belt and still have a good lighter utilitarian use of a Khukri without pulling your pants down. It seems quite a bit more than a Bilton and quite a bit less than a KLVUK. Im thinking although I dont have one but it seems like it may be similar to a gentlemans belt knife. I need one of them too. I cant speak much on the Manakamana cause I aint got one but it sure looks like some good proportions. A Lil bit beefier edge profile than KLVUK? Not sure. I hope some others with more experience can chime in on this one but being chiruwa handled im thinking it would be completely competent in the batoning task and such from someones pack. Sure is purdy too! Sure seems like my want list is getting bigger and bigger. Thats not good cause i cant keep up with it. My Bitcoin wallet wiggled last week so maybe that will change soon:D

Last edited:
I got one of those Manakamana Specials back in 2012; I think it's from the original batch when they first came out.

It's very, very nice. At the time I described it as a Sirupati on steroids. Well balanced, versatile and a great chopper.

Anyone who gets one of these for under $200 can count himself lucky.

HA!!! Well not very stealthy eh? Mmmmm look at the Jack Crevelle following behind. Talk about some good eats!

I got one of those Manakamana Specials back in 2012; I think it's from the original batch when they first came out.

It's very, very nice. At the time I described it as a Sirupati on steroids. Well balanced, versatile and a great chopper.

Anyone who gets one of these for under $200 can count himself lucky.

That's when I got both of mine as well, '12. Both 16.5s by Rajkumar and they are probably my favorite Khukuris.

I've never seen one in a size other than 17.5 (although what is a half inch? And I think mine are more like 18 anyway) and this one appears to be polished as well. Good score for someone!

I'm telling myself no more fixed blades until I make more room (been downsizing) but I would have been awful tempted on that one, and I already have two.

Back