Manbug in watch pocket?

I've never had a Spydrrco, but have been tempted by the Man/Ladybug...how does it ride in a jeans watch pocket compared to something like a traditional peanut?

I use a Ladybug as a keychain knife. The Chaparral fits well in a watch pocket, canted slightly to the side, and offers a nice four-finger grip.
XMRQWZy.jpg

FbomKmy.jpg

I've been carrying my Manbug in watch pocket for the past few days. It carries unobtrusively and I can fish it out easily enough.

During cooler whether when I'm wearing jeans I have a Manbug of some kind is in my watch pocket almost everyday. Occasionally I'll carry a Dragonfly there but more often than not it's a Manbug. I really could get along just fine with a Manbug for most daily tasks but it's much more fun to have it riding shotgun along with something bigger.

My Manbug (Salt) rides on my keys. Favorite watch pocket Spydie is the Baby Horn sprint, which is still widely available.

Others like the Chaparral, Urban, etc... fit well too, but anything with a wire clip I tend to carry iwb.

If I don’t have either a lanyard or a key ring with carabiner attached I find the man bug and ladybugs difficult to open one handed. If either would fit in the coin pocket along with the knife, that’d be where I’d carry it

For me, the Manbug opens easily with one (medium sized) hand.

My 2xl hands require I either use it as a keychain knife or a two-handed opener(which defeats the purpose of owning a knife with a spydie hole.

My 2xl hands require I either use it as a keychain knife or a two-handed opener(which defeats the purpose of owning a knife with a spydie hole.

Have you tried putting a short fob on it? I have large hands, and find it lengthens the handle for way easier one hand opening, and isn't in the way at all. Like so...

Have you tried putting a short fob on it? I have large hands, and find it lengthens the handle for way easier one hand opening, and isn't in the way at all. Like so...

Yes, that works as well!

Because of this thread I've been carrying my Manbug a lot. A lanyard does make it easier to deploy.

I've found the size of coin pockets vary wildly. Some can accommodate a Vic farmer while others would be too small to do so. However all are able to fit the Manbug.

Today I'm carrying the Lil" Lum in the watch pocket of Levis 505. It uses up the entire depth of the pocket and is easier to fish out compared to the Manbug. On the downside I can sometimes feel it when sitting down.

I've had a Manbug for a little over 3 years -- Great Knife!

Office/Work politics put the kibosh on knives with a pocket clip and/or 3 1/2 inches long a few years ago.

At first it seemed to small, but it actually handles most all my daily needs quite well.

It's also much lighter in watch pocket than a similar sized traditional slip joint (which I also carry).

Back