1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Manix 2 Titanium cage

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by MMGRenovations, Apr 24, 2019.

1. MMGRenovations

MMGRenovations Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2017
    So I saw this on Facebook yesterday. FLytanium is coming out with titanium cages. About time someone made these.
    IMG_0419.jpg

2. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I've been waiting on this one too. There was a member here a few years back that made a Ti BB cage for the Manix, but they just disappeared and never came back around. I'll be picking a few of these up for each of my Manix knives!

3. RHPICAYUNE

RHPICAYUNE

Apr 16, 2017
    Ugh! Must resist.....urge...to buy more crap I don't need..

I'm such a pushover--Well, over to the Flytanium site for me! : )

91bravo likes this.
  4. PStone

PStone

Mar 3, 2018
    I will be getting a ceramic replacement ball to go along with the Ti cage.

MMGRenovations and uxo2 like this.
  5. MMGRenovations

Sep 14, 2017
    I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully these cages won't develop lock stick.

PStone likes this.
  6. MMGRenovations

Sep 14, 2017
    I too was very interested in that ti cage. I'm just glad these are actually being made. I saw the price on these is suppose to be somewhere around $30.

7. johnnytoxin

johnnytoxin

May 24, 2010
    When will they be available?

8. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    $30 doesn't sound bad at all, considering the machining complexity involved with that part.

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  9. MyLegsAreOk

MyLegsAreOk Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Where can you buy them and how much will they cost? My Manix 2 is completely metal, with the ti cage I will get rid of the plastic part FINALLY.
    I would pay $100 for this, but $30 is great.

Oh it's flytanium so it's a legit company too that I can order from? Oh ye gods I can't wait!

kniferbro likes this.
  10. kreisler

kreisler

May 11, 2012
    Where are these parts actually manufactured? Is there 100% confirmed information, has anybody seen a vid of the factory or similar?

If the parts are being sold by a company located in the US, doesn't automatically mean that they personally manufacture (material, machining, milling, finishing) the parts in a factory in the US. I am just saying. One can easily source an actual manufacturer on Alibaba and have the parts manufactured there (MOQ 200pcs) and sent them over. In fact, Aliexpress sells titanium scales/cages/screws/backspacers/etc in all kinds of styles/colors/anodizations for popular knife models. Not only titanium, also brass, copper and whatnot.

I agree though that 30$ is a pretty good deal. And i don't mind whether or not Flytanium products are actually made in PRC. I am just being curious.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  11. ferider

ferider Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 20, 2018
    What's your point ? We know Flytanium scales come from China. I'll take a Ti Manix 2 cage from China anytime, unless Spyderco has a patent on it. Do we know ?

kreisler likes this.
  12. kreisler

kreisler

May 11, 2012
    I didn't know that Flytanium scales come from China. I was guessing so though, which was my point. So thanks for the confirmation!

Btw I got my Chitanium knife clips, backspacers, screws, handles from AliX too. If these parts hadn't been available on AliX, sure i would have considered ordering them from Flytanium shop no problem.

13. 6leafdom

6leafdom Gold Member Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

May 14, 2009
    cool

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  14. grumpy514

grumpy514 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2011
    This just gives a better feel than the plastic grips correct? Nothing else?

15. amateur blacksmith

amateur blacksmith

May 19, 2018
    I just wish this was made by spyderco or at least in the USA. I know that would double it's cost but I'd pay it.

archieblue likes this.
  16. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Help me understand the benefits of it. Will it make the CBBL easier to operate? I know the plastic pole can break but to me it is a very rare thing to happen.

17. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
    The only broken cages I have heard of were the clear ones.

18. buckeyejake

buckeyejake

Dec 28, 2013
    I want one ,as an insurance policy.

19. John_0917

John_0917

Apr 15, 2014
    Looks cool but seems like an answer in search of a question in terms of functionality (there’s nothing wrong with the plastic ones).

I see this as an appearance upgrade and not a functional one. Also concerned about sticking if it’s in contact with steel.

20. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
    6leafdom likes this.