Manix2 LW Maxamet review by DBK

Mo2

What a great video, enjoyed it alot. They do a lot of silly stuff but this one was pretty well done and a little silly too.

ive been using maxamet since the mule and i really enjoy using it. others dont like sharpening it or require more toughness, but damn its a good cutter for breaking down alot of stuff without endless sharpening in the middle of the job.

Are they still being made? I thought they had discontinued all Maxamet. I haven't seen any for sale in a long time.

Are they still being made? I thought they had discontinued all Maxamet. I haven't seen any for sale in a long time.
Ya you can still buy it on Amazon I believe. For some reason it seems to be in production for years despite being it so hard to finish because you must tumble the edges in sand. I just sold mine, I want to get a mule team tho. Maxamet is the second easiest steel to sharpen other than VG10. That and how strong/long it keeps an edge makes it almost the ideal steel. For carbons 3v or W2 or O1 might be easier over the long term though because Cartech hates sharp corners, can break chip or break easier than other super hards like Rex steels.

You can order one right now at Knifecenter, BladeHQ, or DLT Trading. Same with the Native LW Maxamet.

Back