Review Manly Folders: Comrade, Peak, Wasp. Fixed Blades: Patriot and Drugar, Made in Bulgaria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to share my last review on the Wasp.
It is more a picture gallery with my joy expressed but I'm certain some will enjoy it.
Going to UK next week , the WASP will be in my pocket for sure !

https://nemoknivesreview.com/2019/01/21/bulgarian-rhapsody-manly-wasp-in-s90v/

20190121_170545-018490117913910891185.jpeg
It's a great little knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

I’m home today, got in a hurry before work and managed to slice off the side of my left thumb with the Drugar, wasn’t the knifes’ fault, the material I was cutting I should have laid flat, 3” wide and 1/2” thick rubberized cork hard to cut
The material flopped over and the knife cut through the side of my thumb in a shot
Never seen so much blood I may need to go to urgent care will see how it is tomorrow
Can’t really stitch it up
Folks at work will have a great time with this :)
Very good knife though!
G2

I’m home today, got in a hurry before work and managed to slice off the side of my left thumb with the Drugar, wasn’t the knifes’ fault, the material I was cutting I should have laid flat, 3” wide and 1/2” thick rubberized cork hard to cut
The material flopped over and the knife cut through the side of my thumb in a shot
Never seen so much blood I may need to go to urgent care will see how it is tomorrow
Can’t really stitch it up
Folks at work will have a great time with this :)
Very good knife though!
G2
:eek::eek: oww! sorry to hear that Gary, hope things work out for you.

Thanks sir I couldn’t believe it
I thought I was cutting in a very controlled manner but it was the material that kicked out and the force was not able to be stopped
G2

Thanks sir I couldn’t believe it
I thought I was cutting in a very controlled manner but it was the material that kicked out and the force was not able to be stopped
G2
I know what you're saying, just when you think its all good then bam! Then you say why did I do it that way?:p
I was a meat cutter for close to 40 years after that many years, a fella shouldn't cut himself :rolleyes: but you lose focus for a second then :eek:

Running around before 7am, bleeding everywhere, trying to locate bandages, tape, anything to stem the flow of blood before I ran out was great fun... didn't want to wake my wife up but after I finally got something wrapped around it I realized I'm not really fit to go to work today, so when she got up she was a little scared.
Then we changed the bandages with something more appropriate with her help, and that distressed her more, so much blood and still pumping out, but I think now it is slowed down somewhat.

And yes, I was being careful as I could, well obviously not as well as possible, and still accidents do happen and fast!
G2

Thanks, Along the side of the thumb close to my index finger so really like a bad road rash or a belt sander grind that removes skin making stitches not something that you would need
G2

Thanks once I get it to where it isn’t bleeding, starting to heal, I’ll post an image
Amazing how much you depend on your thumb!
G2

Last edited:
Thanks guys and the thumb is doing better, hopefully the skin will 'grow' over the gaping hole?

And Jim I did have bandaids in my bag, but not those type of items, that would be a great idea to carry as well. In this case, it wouldn't have helped as it wasn't a cut that could be closed back up, since I shaved off the side of the thumb :(

Looking back, if I had used a smaller knife I probably wouldn't have had the material kick out and slam to the table, but I grabbed the Drugar because the blade is ground nice and thin and still quite rugged so it did push cut down through the material really good, just that one piece...ugh!!!

My very first immediate words when this happened were; "I want to go back to bed now!" I'll never forget that and it was said in a very fast and excited voice, which served no purpose whatsoever ;)

Luckily, ? , the wound is along the side toward my index finger so typing at work isn't hindered and I can put pressure to grip things...LIGHTLY... with the thumb pad area without causing me to wince, also a good thing. I figure this will take upwards to 10 years to heal properly ;)

G2

Thanks, it's mending...slowly! I think this will take much time!

Nice folder there, I like that blade shape and full flat grind, looks like an excellent slicer !

G2

Thumb is slowly healing, still can't really tie my diamond knots as tight and as close as I use to, thumbs are important ;)

The cut was about an inch long down the side of my thumb, with about half that just slicing through the upper layers and fortunately not deep enough to bleed, but the last have, there was much bleeding. Recommendations are to keep it bandaged with antiseptic cream or even Vaseline to keep it so it heals better. I thought letting it air a lot would be good, but that promotes heaving scabbing and doesn't let the wound heal as well as it could, so I'm taking it slow and easy with that.

Folks at work did not rib me as much as I figured they would, when asked about what happened, they would wince and proceed to regale me with their own horror story. And we would both go ugh and walk away, we laughed, we cried, it became a part of us lol.

Lesson learned, will I have an accident again? Possibly, but with more care now, and I am usually very careful, I hope to avoid such things!
G2

Last edited:
Another wasp tested. again sorry for the adult language (not my video), but the results speak volumes of this companies knives.

I liked the Wasp so much that I ordered a Peak. I received the orange Peak today and I like it better!

But, it is not anywhere near as sharp as the Wasp was out of the box. It barely rubs hair off my arm. I like the smoothness of the opening better than the ratcheting on the Wasp.

I would like a lockback Wasp!

I asked for lock inserts after I placed my order and Manly USA popped them in the Peak box! No clips for me!! Great service!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back