1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Manual Flipper 3" G10

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by dp2826, Mar 20, 2017.

1. dp2826

dp2826

Nov 4, 2014
    I love my Delica 4 and I also love manual flippers. Have a Real Steel H5 Gerfalcon which I really like, but I find myself not using it as EDC because of its size. Also have a CRKT ripple but like the bearings and G10 handle on the Real Steel. Is there a flipper out there that is around the size of the delica for under $75?

I also like G10 handles if it is possible.

2. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious? Platinum Member

Dec 25, 2012
    How about something like the Kizer Dukes flipper (~$70 at KC when I checked just now). 3" blade, bearing flipper, carved red/black G-10 handle.

3. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Any of the Kizer Vanguard series flippers with G-10 and 3" VG-10 blade: Dukes, Cucchiara Bad Dog, Flashbang, Vigor.

4. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    I have a few nice Taylor Schrades that I really like. The 105 and 106 models are actually quite well made and very inexpensive. The steel takes a razor edge. Also, Kershaw makes some nice inexpensive models that fit your bill.

Sorry, the Schrades I mentioned above are dual thumb studs, not flippers - I would still recommend them. Do definitely take a look at the Ontario Rat II - great knife.

Rich

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  5. dp2826

dp2826

Nov 4, 2014
    The Kizer Dukes looks about perfect. I was thinking about picking up something in the Kizer Vanguard line awhile back. Don't remember seeing that one. Thanks guys!

Can anyone comment on the weight of the Vigor? I am more interested in the Dukes, but just wondering why the Vigor looks to be about 1.5 oz heavier. Those stats correct?

6. MarkN86

MarkN86

Sep 3, 2012
    Nobody mentioned the Kershaw Skyline, but it may be a little lighter duty than you are looking for.

7. Brusiedmeat

Brusiedmeat Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Skyline ^^

8. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    The blade length of the Kershaw Skyline is 3.125" and the OP asked for a 3" blade.

9. wensynch

wensynch

Apr 30, 2016
    Safe! Around the size of a Delica, manual 3" flipper.

Buck Vantage. < sliding in for a steal

Weird. It won't let me post a pic for the Vantage, so words will have to suffice.

10. Revolverrodger

Revolverrodger Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I tried many if those but now use mostly the buck vantage
    It's just perfect IMHO

11. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss

Mar 3, 2015
    Love my Rat 2

12. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious? Platinum Member

Dec 25, 2012
    I love my Vantage, great knife, but mine is definitely over 3". When folks asks for recommendations with 3" as the limitation I always assume it's for legal reasons (as many jurisdictions seem to have picked that as the maximum legal length, for whatever reason).

13. dp2826

dp2826

Nov 4, 2014
    I actually don't have legal restrictions. I like how my delica disappears in my pocket. I was just using that as a guide i guess, being it is just under 3".

14. `br4dz-

`br4dz-

Jan 18, 2016
    Kizer Gemini, the vanguard g10/vg10

15. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    In that case, I recommend the Kizer Vanguard Gemini with a 3.125" VG-10 FFG blade, Black or Green G-10, liner lock and flipper. It goes for $80.00.

http://www.bladehq.com/?search=Kizer+Vanguard+Gemini

16. cnm123

cnm123

Sep 7, 2015
    I just got a Kizer Dukes, I highly recommend it.
    I'd also say the Kershaw Chill but it comes in over 3 in.

17. dp2826

dp2826

Nov 4, 2014
    What would you guys recommend for something in the same size/weight but with a thumb stud instead of a flipper? I cracked the screen protector on my phone awhile back and I think it may have been the flipper that did it.

Was about to pull the trigger on the Kizer Dukes, when I remembered my phone screen. I may just get one anyway, those black/red scales look very nice!

18. cnm123

cnm123

Sep 7, 2015
    If you can still find the H&K mini axis, it's sub 3 in. and built like a tank.
    sorry, over $75 at BHQ

19. Daniel

Daniel

Oct 3, 1998
    Well, have you considered putting your knife and your phone in different pockets?

I have several of the Kizer Vanguards and they are all very nice knives. Great value and work flawlessly.

20. cnm123

cnm123

Sep 7, 2015
    Zancudo fits the bill.