Maple-benza - sweet as syrup!

Wow that is gorgeous looking! Such crisp lines.

Wonder if they will do other leaves...

Wow that is quite a knife! I don't think I could use it either... But I would for sure have it on display!!

Ahh, a "safe queen" huh!?

SUUUUUPPEER nice!! Fantastic design, and very unique no matter what. Gorgeous pics btw:thumbup:

Good to know Lone Wolfs fantastic to deal with too!:p

Also I suppose this might put a date on the knife. The Canadian gold coin sebenza was issued in 1999, so assuming this knife of mine was made around the same time, it's likely 15 years old.

Cool info! Thanks. Interesting to know it was (in my case sans gold coin) a Chris Reeve design, and possibly coloured by Scott Cook, assuming they were made around the same time. Also clears up that the leaves were milled using CAD, not a jig. Makes me wonder if my knife was a proof-of-concept for the gold coin, or an afterthought, or if there is another lurking out there.

From everything I was able to find out about these, it was a small run CGG done after the gold coin run. The 2 Umfaans I've been able to find pics of were 2000 and 2001 birthdates. Your knife has a 99 datecode on one slab, I was never able to get a pic of the other. You can probably see it better than me if you take a flashlight.

MapleLeafDatecode_zpssqi1mtmr.jpg~original

Last edited:
Stunning Example Of The Fine UG Regulars CRK Has Put Out Over The Years....!!!

Super congratulations Cody.
Never desired a polished blade, graphic design Seb till this one.

Hey thanks everyone. Also thank you for the Umfaan research LW. To get the MNIB Maple Umfaan would make an awesome duo.

Hey thanks everyone. Also thank you for the Umfaan research LW. To get the MNIB Maple Umfaan would make an awesome duo.

You're welcome! I dug that info up when I first got the knife, plus I contacted CRK about it. Alycia confirmed that it was a CGG, and not a dealer exclusive. At first I thought it might have been exclusive to a dealer in or near Canada.

And if you get both, I'll kick myself for selling that Seb! I'll really kick myself if you find a small Seb!!!

Good looking Sebbie you got there Cody
Right on LW for finding a great Canadian home for it! :D:thumbup:

Love it. I have seen the maple leaf design before. Yours has some really nice touches.

Bumped for Bellablades, who was asking about this knife I feel lucky to own.

Back