Marbles Knives?

Diomedes Industries

Gold Member
Basic Member
I often simply carry a small Case, Shrade, or Buck because I work very close to home and don't need a bigger knife.

My mother is originally from the U.P. and I would love to buy Marbles knives to support American knives and a hometown company.

There are no dealers close to me but I have found the on e-bay and the like. For those of you that have experience with them - how do they stack up? How do they compare to W.R. Case knives?

THanks,

TF

Check out Bark River Knife and Tool. They are still in the UP. The owner worked for Marbles and was involved in designing many of their knives. You can not go wrong in buying any Bark River knife.

They are superbly made and come in an enormous variety of styles and sizes as well as very reasonable prices. Customer service and warranty second to none. The only thing they won't fix or replace is badger damage (you'll have to ask them the exact story).hey

I have several of their fixed blades and they just directed me to a Marbles pocket knife. They live to help their customers.

Yeah, Bark River is thee way to go for a fixed blade. When Mike was at Marbles they made excellent knives out 52-100. You can find them on Ebay, just look for the ones that have the Markings, Marbles, Gladstone MI. USA etched on the tang. they are also made of thicker stock, they look close to 1/4" thick. These in my opinion are nice ones.
I'd think twice about buying any folders. I bought one Stockman, 01 with a buffalo handle and it had a little nick and a rub mark that I wanted to have buffed out. So I called Marbles since it has a unconditional lifetime guaranty..And asked if they could smooth it out. The answer was no we can't work on any folders, I reminded her about the guarantee and that did make any difference to. She said that they have no equiptment there to service folders, sorry. So much for "Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee".

Yeah, Bark River is thee way to go. When Mike was at Marbles they made excellent knives out of 52-100 steel. You can find these on ebay, but you have to make sure it has the marking, Marbles, Gladstone, MI. USA etched on the tang. If it is just stamped Marbles, pass on it. There is no way of knowing were it was made, maybe China, who knows?
I'd pass on their folders, the one I bought come with an unconditional guarantee that was worthless. I bought one of there 01 stockmans, (one of their good ones with a buffalo handle it cost me 120.00), and it had a small nick and rub mark on it and I just wanted it buffed out. I called and was told that they don't do any work on their folders. I reminded her that it had this great "guarantee". She said sorry but there was nothing they could do for me. I told her all it needed was to be buffed out. I'm pretty sure they would have a buffing wheel there, after all it's a knife factory. So much for customer service and an "Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee," If you want a good folder get a Queen with d2 blades.

Sorry for the double post my puter conked out so I didn't think the first one made it.

Sounds like the folders are made overseas, & the steel is only listed as "stainless". I've never seen any of the "new" Marbles folders, but I wouldn't buy one without a couple of reviews & seeing one, IMO.

The Marbles pocket knife I got was one of the old carbon steel convex ground folders. I don't think it bears much resemblance to the current product line.

Back