Marine Tuff Cloth

Originally posted by CoalBlack
Something I haven't tried but which comes highly reccomended is something called Ballistol. Master bladesmith Jim Hrisoulas endorses and sells it on his website.

www.atar.com

Coal I can vouch for the Ballistol-Lube. I sent Bro Walosi a small can of it IIRC.
I think it smells nice and I really like the way it maintains almost any equipement that needs either lubed or protected.
It works well on the leather scabbards too.:)

There's a lot of Black Powder Boys who think it's the greatest stuff since sliced bread!!!! That's quite an endorsement into of itself!!!!
I haven't used it to clean any guns with, but then I'm the world's worst when it comes to cleaning guns. It's almost like washing a new car too much and washing the polish off of it.;)

:)

Thanks Yvsa for the confirmation! I've been thinking of giving the Ballistol a try for awhile now but never got around to it. Maybe it's time now.

Just letem rust :p Though I have noticed myself that sometimes when things dont go good with oiling/waxing, a good cleaning helps. The old grease/dirt can prevent the new stuff from properly adhering to the steel. Then again Im fond of old blades with lotsa character, and even fonder when Im the one puttin the character inem :D Though realistically environment can play even a bigger role than any oiling/waxing method. A good low humidity (not too low), can keep the blade rust free with very little care (Ive even had un-coated blades stay stain free for months when placed in a controlled evnironment). Keeping a check on humidity/temp makes life a whole lot easier in caring for these things.

Back