Martial Arts for a fat Bastid

Just one other thing... Spend some time visiting the dojo and watching them train. See what looks like a good program for you. And make a point of talking to the sensei/guro/teacher about your training and fitness goals. A good teacher will be able to work with you or refer you.

Originally posted by Kampfjaeger
...snip...
Get yourself comfortable at walking a mile every other day for 3 to four days a week. Then get to where you can walk a mile every day without being winded. Then try speed walking. Speed walking is a great bridge exercise to running and no slouch cardiovascularly. ...snip...

Well, I'm walking more than that now! 1.25 miles 2x/day, and I do it in 23 minutes - and that's 5 days/week, rain or shine with a 15 lb knapsack on my back.

I lost a LOT of weight once before (Like over 100 lbs) through eating a lot less and a bunch of serious workouts. The Gym I used to belong is is gone (It was in the World Trade Center). Then I changed jobs, and put it all back on over 4 years.

Now I've added the walks back, and wanted to add "something Else". There is supposidly a good Akido dojo near hear that one of my ex-coworkers helped start. That might be a start

Back