1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Review Massdrop Ferrum Forge/WE Crux

Discussion in 'Knife Reviews & Testing' started by emjay4248, Dec 23, 2017.

1. emjay4248

emjay4248 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I just received my Ferrum Forge Crux yesterday I bought it on the secondary market brand new
    and have not put it down since I got it. It came with the action dialed in perfectly. I was having an urge to buy a CRK lately but this knife has filled the void of the large Sebenza for now. There were complaints about the clip and I understand why people were complaining but I am not having the problems they are talking about. For those that are having a problem there will be a new clip available soon on Massdrop and possibly a credit issued. As for the Crux I have no cons no bad and no ugly. It is low key gentleman's folder that can also be used as a high end EDC. If Kizer or WE were selling this knife as part of their line it would be much more expensive. Fit and finish is spot on, the action is perfect, the color of the TI is reminiscent of the Darker CRK TI. The Crux carries smaller than it actually is and the blade edge came razor sharp. It is a terrible shame that an all American Red White & Blue company such as Ferrum Forge had to outsource the knife to a Chinese company to keep the quality high and the price competitive, keeping in mind that the level of quality has not suffered. Somehow the Chinese have mastered the art of selling a knife with great action out of the box. We now see that it can be done.
    If someone want's a recommendation on this knife I give it 5 stars and you will be surprised @ the level of quality for the price.
    God, I am sounding like an advertisement for this knife.

Lapedog likes this.
  2. Dragon_Man

Dragon_Man

Apr 26, 2003
    Where's the pictures?

DocJD likes this.
  3. Suttree1

Suttree1 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2015
    Just to clarify, FF didn't "outsource" this to WE in China. Massdrop made the decision to have Ferrum Forge draw up the specs, then contracted with WE for the heavy lifting of production. Where's the "shame" here? You and the folks at WE, FF and Massdrop are all seemingly happy with the arrangement. I'm envious...I haven't been able to pick up a Crux. Enjoy!

emjay4248 likes this.
  4. Pilot1

Pilot1 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2005
    That looks like a really nice knife! I can't seem to find who sells them though.

5. emjay4248

Oct 8, 2016
    They were designed by Ferrum Forge and manufactured by WE knife for MassDrop. That was the only place you could buy them. The drop is over but you can still get them on the secondary market, thats where I got mine. You don't have to worry about clones because there were not a lot made. It's become one of my favorite knives to carry.

Lapedog and Pilot1 like this.
  6. Pilot1

Pilot1 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2005
    Thanks for the info!

7. dauntless15

dauntless15

Nov 4, 2013
    i love the crux ! though mu detent is insanly hard ! my fringer is raw

8. emjay4248

Oct 8, 2016
    The
    shame is that I feel bad since we are supposed to produce a superior product here and cannot compete price wise. I love the knife and have quite few good brand Chinese Knives and am happy with them I just wish that we could have made the Crux here. I would have paid a little more.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  9. emjay4248

Oct 8, 2016
    Sorry I forgot I will post them now.
    upload_2018-1-13_13-43-46.jpeg
    upload_2018-1-13_13-44-24.jpeg
    [​IMG]

Lapedog likes this.