Master Series

I'm looking for information on the Master series of Buck knives that came out several years ago. I know what models were involved in the series and what they look like, but aside from that I know nothing. If anyone knows the number that were produced, time frame and anything else of importance, I'd appreciate it. :eek:

I'm not sure of the numbers, but I have a 110 MS, had a 119 as well but that one didn't fit in too well with my 110 displays

ZZJake said:
I'm not sure of the numbers, but I have a 110 MS, had a 119 as well but that one didn't fit in too well with my 110 displays
I hear you Jake. The Master Series 110 is the last true variation I'm looking for (at least that I know of) and I've started educating myself on them. I haven't had a lot of luck determining how many were made, etc.
Mike

Mike,have you tried running a search on this forum? I remember a while back there was a dscussion on the Master Series over runs and I know it was in this forum. the 110 numbers were discussed in detail. I think there were 750 of the 110s produced and a lot less of the over runs,now that I think about it. The over runs had green scales and BG42 blades, but no MS mediallion

Jake,
Yes, I ran a search and found the discussion you referenced, but there was no mention of how many, just that there were over runs and what an over run was.

Buck 110,
Thanks for the great information. That's exactly what I was looking for. Do you have any information as to how limited the final distribution was due to the untimely loss of the project's marketing manager? Was it the 684 that you reference or smaller?
Mike

Did the "overruns" also apply to the 192 Vanguard? Mine has the smooth green handles, no medallon, but has the other stampings.

Pack Rat.. YES there were only 97 of the 192 overruns. They also used the remaining BG42 532 blades in the 2000 limited edition of that knife.

ZZJake said:
The last 110MS I saw on ebay brought $287.55, needless to say I was shocked.:eek:
So was I. :( I was bidding on it and was outbid by a few dollars. Hopefully the next one that comes up won't go that high (but I'm not holding my breath) :(

There's a MS 532 on ebay with a BIN price of $255. Bidding is already over $200.

My wife got me a 501MS. Not long before my birthday in 1998 I circled it in a Knives Plus catalog and left it laying where she would see it. It is the only time in our 21 years of marriage when she took the hint. I really like it.

Not long afterward, I saw a 110MS in a knife store, and was sorely tempted. But my budget was short so I passed it up. Now I wish I had bought it.

And I've got 2 of 'em, 2NIB and a 119 nib.:D :D :D Iuse another one EDC (sometimes):cool:
Dan

Back