Recommendation? Matching wood

Pakkawood, is not a natural wood. It is a laminated product made from a base material of hardwood veneers like plywood and is then infused with a plastic resin to create a wood/resin composite material.

Not much of a chance of making a matching sheath without the original from the company. You could come close (maybe) color wise with natural wood or some micarta or G-10. Shop knife making parts vendors on the google. Maybe just do a different color - go artsy. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip, any recomendations on what wood? The closest thing ive seen is maybe stabilized wenge wood.

Lower quality African Blackwood will sometimes match pakka wood if we're thinking of the same thing.

Really imposible to tell without the knife in hand and some wood sample to compare. Will be really a challenge to match a wood scabbard (saya) to the handle. Horsewright Horsewright 's suggestion could work - get you close - as with your wendge idea but...

If it were me I would simply use basswood, painted gloss black or a shade of red and call it traditional and satisfactory enough.

Not the answer you want to hear but that's all I've got. Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions, I might just find a supplier of wood near me and try and compare them in person, thanks again.

Back