Maxpedition quality?

I'd ordered a 12" X 5" Bottle Holder from a company in Nashville, which I received today. As I was looking it over, I found that the insulation lining material between the inner and outer fabric was incorrectly fitted, causing the lining to be bunched, folded and bulging in the area of the middle to lower front and right side.

This prevented the insulation lining from reaching the base and right hand seams as intended, and caused it to protrude into the bottle aperture.

In short, it was useless as a Bottle Holder!
sad0068.gif

Whomever stitched that together must have known, whereas the dealer and I had no idea as all looked well from the outside, through the factory sealed plastic bag.

Rather than ship it back across the Atlantic at the dealers expense, I thought I'd give it a shot and try to get the problem fixed.

After an extremely irritating fifteen minutes, I'd straightened and reset the lining, and whilst pleased with the outcome, I don't expect to have to wrestle with a problematic bag that's brand new, and from a respected manufacturer.

The good news (to me) is that it fits a JetBoil PCS and mKettle really well (though not both at once).

So far, this is the only one out of eight Maxpedition's that's had a problem.

I buy US made as much as I can but Maxped is tough as nails.

I currently have a snugpak rocket which I love because it has basically two side pockets that detach and one main very large compartment. My only complaint is that you can't attach anything to the outside of the pack very easily. Anyone able to recommend a maxpedition pack similar to the rocket?

I've got a Maxped Versapack jumbo S type. Been carrying it daily since last october. It goes everywhere with me. It's done a great job. Hell, it's even been my pillow on a couple cold nights out in the woods. I just did yesterday notice some of the stitching coming undone in one place. it's not in a critical area and gear does that sometimes so I'm not too concerned about it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The only complaint I've had with anything Maxpedition I've owned has been the zipper on my nalgene bottle carrier... it is very difficult to zip/unzip.

Otherwise, my versipack, pygmy falcon, edc pouch, and various other pouches have all been great.

I have a Condor II backpack and a Proteus waistpack, and a few smaller pouches. Amazingly high quality on all of them.

Well, got the bag yesterday....damn impressed. Should last for many many years.

Funny part is, my wife wants one now.:D

I think you will be happy with your bag. I have had a jumbo for a few years and I am very satisfied. I actually had a marine air horn rupture inside the bag and blow out some stiching. I called Maxpedition and explained the situation, they fixed the bag free of charge. They seem to build good stuff and stand behind their product.

I have a MaxPed Colossus... it is so tough, that I'd let my 6 year old handle it!

I have a Fatboy Versipack and a Colossus Versipack that I have used as daily carry bags for about 6 years now. They hold up great and the only reason that I bought another one is that I needed a bigger bag. They hold up great and I have no complaints about them at all.

Back