1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May be the best $9.99 knife I've ever bought...........

Discussion in 'Knife Reviews & Testing' started by JD Mandrell, Jan 6, 2018.

1. JD Mandrell

JD Mandrell Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2001
    Stumbled across this at a hardware store, marked down from $14.97 to $9.99.

Milwaukee Lockback Pocket Knife

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3" stainless (unknown) steel blade, and no-slip handles. Fulls steel liners and strong lockup.

What caught my eye, as a southpaw, is that the blade is nail nicked on both sides. The pocket clip isn't reversible though. Razor sharp, absolutely ZERO blade play in the lock, and just a sturdy solidly built knife.

I've been using it for a couple weeks EDC, and it's cut heavy boxes and various other stuff, and it's holding its edge well.

Nice toolbox beater, glove box knife for sure.

2. powernoodle

powernoodle Power Member Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I'll have to try one. There is a large Depot for Home products that has them at that price as well.

3. panoz77

panoz77

Feb 3, 2007
    The hawkbill fastback is a good knife too, also about $10 or $15, can't remember. The fastback razor knives are pretty good too.

4. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    I need to grab one cause I keep hearing good things about them!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  5. panoz77

panoz77

Feb 3, 2007
    By the way, you might find that pocket clip loosen up. I modified mine to use a more traditional belt clip, that wire one bends really easy and doesn't seem to stay very tight, my only complaint about them is the clip.

6. Chris "Anagarika"

Chris "Anagarika"

Mar 7, 2001
    Dimensions?
    I’m interested but live so far, and the shipping is definitely more than the knife price. :oops::oops::oops:

7. JD Mandrell

JD Mandrell Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2001
    3" blade, 7.5" overall.

8. Chris "Anagarika"

Chris "Anagarika"

Mar 7, 2001
    Nice. I like the blade shape too.

9. popedandy

popedandy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2006
    It's nice to see a good review on them. I have looked at them but didn't buy because I hadn't heard anything about them.

10. powernoodle

powernoodle Power Member Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Being susceptible to peer pressure, I ordered one on the interweb for $14.95. Its worth $5 for me to not take a trip to the Big Box store.

Gary W. Graley and JD Mandrell like this.
  11. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Coast is my favorite Cheap Knife!

12. WhiskeyDevil

WhiskeyDevil

Feb 5, 2009
    I just picked up a couple of these Milwaukee Lockback knife on close out for $3.95. At that price I’ll use them as throwaways on trips.

13. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Cool

14. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Still have not pulled the Trigger and got one yet!

15. BusyBailey

BusyBailey Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    I've got one of the fast back razor knives with the button lock. Great little utility knife. Aluminum handles take a beating but don't rust. The blade change system doesn't involve any levers or knurled knobs, just a little button you push and you're done. At the time they only had the ones with the line cutter in the handle but it doesn't work well for me. If I had it to do over I'd get the smaller model without the hook cutter. Great though. This and my Leatherman are pretty much all I need.

16. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Need to get one soon!

17. SeVeNA7

SeVeNA7

Jul 28, 2018
    I've got the hawk bill fastback it's a fun little cheap beater, all though I would prefer a detent over that closed button lock and would love to know the steel, any one have a clue on steel type??