McGrew brand knife

I just encountered a pocket knife made by McGrew in Arkansas. Haven't noticed this name before. Any information? Thanks.

One of my first posts on this site, or perhaps the other, was a question about McGrew knives. I'll try and post a link.

My McGrew knife is a Barlow that appears to be a kit, snapped together in someone's garage.

Can't find the old topic. Sorry.
-Bob

Looking for information on the McGrew Knife Company and some of their products. Ran across this post and wondered if there was a direction I should take. I have one of their pocket knives and it is a dandy but they seem to have vanished.
STEVE-N9HGF

Whoa, a three-and-a-half year old thread. As to the knife, I haven't really heard much about this company in particular, but if you're curious, Bernard Levine is the man to ask.

With a quick google, it appears as though the company originates from Arkansas, and they focus on barlows. Kind of a shame, cause that's what's already been said.

Actually, they make several different styles of knife. I have 2 of them, a 3 blade whittler and a 2 blade stockman. They have a lifetime warranty ( I have one I inherited that is new in the box with the warranty included but never filed). The box itself says:
McGrew Knife Company Inc.
The Arkansas USA Favorite Pocket Knife
Glenwood, Arkansas
"The Knife That's Always Sharp"

Which is just about all the information that I have on these knives, with the exception of an address and phone: Eddie McGrew Knife Co. Box 1687 Glenwood Arkansas71943 (501) 356-3882

I was searching for information on the different emblems used on the handles I have seen 3 different ones, one a shield with a M that's underlined, one that's a circular with USA and one that's an oval that says McGrew. I don't know if the different shields signify different years or different models or handle types. One of mine has pickbone handles the other yellow bone.

I am Eddie mcgrews daughter the maker and seller of these you are talking about the mcgrew knife Inc and pawn is located in glenwood Arkansas and still up and running the phone number the poster posted above isn't correct the actual number is 870 356 3882 a man named Robert will more then likely answer unless my father himself does just let them know everything you would like to know sorry my fAther still runs his shop oldschool hasn't fully got the Internet involed in his store anyway hope I could help

I just encountered a pocket knife made by McGrew in Arkansas. Haven't noticed this name before. Any information? Thanks.

Years ago my father"rest his soul' bought one of the Mcgrew knifes that was a large bowie style knife. Also he had a handmade sheath made for it stamped with the picture of an elk on it. When he bought he asked for background on the knife and the actual maker of these knifes was there. I now have in my possession that knife handed down to me and with the story behind it. Mcgrew was a maker of knifes with his own small shop. Selling these knifes in various places around Arkansas. Mine is over 10 years old and is numbered 32 of 100 made of that design. My brother has an Arkansas toothpick designed by the same man numbered 2 of 100 of that particular design. The man who originally made these knifes by hand died several years ago now from old age. Not sure of the current day value but when my father bought mine it cost him 270.00 and the sheath was 45.00. I hope the value went up but I don't consider getting rid of it because it's one of the last things my father ever gave to me. Hope this helps anyone.

Years ago my father"rest his soul' bought one of the Mcgrew knifes that was a large bowie style knife. Also he had a handmade sheath made for it stamped with the picture of an elk on it. When he bought he asked for background on the knife and the actual maker of these knifes was there. I now have in my possession that knife handed down to me and with the story behind it. Mcgrew was a maker of knifes with his own small shop. Selling these knifes in various places around Arkansas. Mine is over 10 years old and is numbered 32 of 100 made of that design. My brother has an Arkansas toothpick designed by the same man numbered 2 of 100 of that particular design. The man who originally made these knifes by hand died several years ago now from old age. Not sure of the current day value but when my father bought mine it cost him 270.00 and the sheath was 45.00. I hope the value went up but I don't consider getting rid of it because it's one of the last things my father ever gave to me. Hope this helps anyone.
My dad Eddie McGrew made these knives yes in his shop until he was not able to get all parts needed from America but from another country so he stopped making them. He is still alive and well today in fact he is 68 yrs old. Hopefully Lord willing he will still he here many more yrs

Back