1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Meaner Street

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by fielder, Apr 26, 2019.

1. fielder

fielder

Jan 25, 2011
    I've bought a Meaner Street on the second hand market. It should arrive tomorrow.
    Any thoughts or comments on this model? It is the Meaner Street, not the Leaner.

duramax and Ironkid883 like this.
  2. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    They're bigger than you might think. Probably one of the most common misconceptions. Here's my custom shop meaner in red/blue (Superman) G10.

IMG_4027.jpg

3. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    The CG is a robust blade for its size. As SpyderPhreak mentioned its a good size knife.

4. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    All of the meaners I have, lean or otherwise are solid, and yes, they are not small knives - much larger profile than an AMS.

I have a .25" meaner that is insane!!! FFG...

5. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Hoping they offer some up soon.

6. fielder

fielder

Jan 25, 2011
    It seems to be a model without much info or reviews.
    Those satin finish meaners look great. Mine has black crinkle coat.

7. squishware

squishware Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2009
    My replacement Leaner Meaner arrives today. Great all round pattern for actually cutting things.
    [​IMG]
    She has AD Butt.

Jaxx likes this.
  8. Jaxx

Jaxx Moderator Moderator

Jan 18, 2006
    Meaners are solid knafs :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Mr_Satin_GL_Sterile-comp.jpg

They make great variants too :) ("Tweener" Meaner- .17" thick)
    TweenerMeaner-variant.jpg

TheZenful1 and squishware like this.
  9. squishware

squishware Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Tigerhide LE into Snakeskin Custom Shop. Why always so subtle?
    My bad looks like old school Green Linen. Probably another Custom Shop.

10. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    I liked the original Mean Street from many years ago (sometimes now called SHMS), and still do. The Meaner Street (and Leaner Meaner Street) have nice changes from the original design; I like the shape & size of both the blade and handle.

I think the reason they do not get a lot of press is it has been a long time since they were sold, and a lot of the newer folks around here are not very familiar with them. They're nice knives!

11. Jaxx

Jaxx Moderator Moderator

Jan 18, 2006
    If referring to mine- it is a Combat Grade Meaner St. from the original run with green linen, satin sterile (no logo). I bought it from another HOG here a very long time ago
    The Snakeskin/satin is a Custom Shop "Tweener Meaner" .17" thick variant scored @ Blade outta the Trough :)

squishware likes this.