Medium Chopper and family

91bravo

Gold Member
I decided to do a photoshoot before I mark this knife all up. The handles on this MC feel a little flatter to me than the ones on my HDFK, yet are still very comfortable. The knife itself is very light. Probably the lightest big blade I own. It's quick in hand and chops quick as well. I like it and I'm gonna beat on it some more to see what it can take.

I threw in some of my other big woods blades for comparison.

ruB3xYb.jpg

TvstPFf.jpg

58tWKVO.jpg

FpVoURW.jpg

kXynK7q.jpg

The handle is very comfortable and contoured nicely!
HOBozyk.jpg

sajjlqV.jpg

6pj6x7A.jpg

40uABTc.jpg

c5inG04.jpg

dw6iXQb.jpg

xascQvC.jpg

UEvLcRD.jpg

And what good is a woods knife if you can't baton with it
0SDVz7w.jpg

Last edited:
Jonny you're making me have cabin fever ... wanting to get out and get the new HDFK and a couple other medium to large blades out ...

was the plan this past weekend but dang if life didn'tget in the way!

At least I can live vicariously through you ... lol. :p

For a lightweight chopper, it's great! Bites deep in green wood and really throws some decent chunks on seasoned hardwood. It's funny that I call it a lightweight chopper, because it's the lightest one of all my choppers. I think I need to give the Behemoth another try!

How does it compare to the busse ?

The Busse is thicker than the MC and significantly heavier. Of course, handle profiles are worlds apart between the 2. For all day chopping, I'd want the MC. For something with a little more momentum on the swing and not using it all day, I like the FBM.

The Busse is thicker than the MC and significantly heavier. Of course, handle profiles are worlds apart between the 2. For all day chopping, I'd want the MC. For something with a little more momentum on the swing and not using it all day, I like the FBM.

They both have their specific roles then...

Back