Medium Chopper

CPK Mark

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This wonderful beast followed me home the other day. I will keep her. (Until Rena takes it from me). Developemental Medium Chopper (mine weighs in at .200) with probably the best feeling scales (developmental prototypes) I’ve wrapped my hands around.
I’m really digging this pattern. I’m sure those that have hefted a MC would agree.
I’ll post more pictures tomorrow after I flaggellate her a bit.

Attachments

• 41800F18-A3FB-41EA-A145-8EADFEE29FD2.jpeg
    41800F18-A3FB-41EA-A145-8EADFEE29FD2.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 129
Borrowed from Lorien's DEK1 thread:

A3QMiRN.jpg

The rubber hybrid handles are awesome CPK Mark CPK Mark ! They stick like glue, absorb shock and help eliminate that little bit of torque on impact, thus, no readjustment of your grip on the knife!

I really hope these become available for public consumption. I’m digging these. The looks and perceived benefits.

How’s the wet performance? Does the grip improve or become slicker? I’m guessing the former?

I haven't tried them wet yet. I can swing my BC pretty hard without a lanyard, but still feel confident that the knife won't slip out of my hand. They are that good! With the forward lanyard AND these rubber handles on, you'll benefit from what this extreme chopper has to offer!

1g2VhHF.jpg

The question is, how durable these handles going to be? Well, so far, so good! Time will tell how these will hold up to our outdoor ventures into the woods. :thumbsup:

I’m hefting it right now and I don’t really see them getting slick from anything, but I will find out tomorrow.
I am only speaking from observation, but I would be supprised to see these available on the regular. They are very time consuming and usually disastrous.
How do you machine rubber?

I'd love to take an MC for a test drive. The LCs see a lot of use these days, (especially the RLC now that it has a sheath), curious how the differences manifest

today at CampB with RLC, dimensioning bridges
hq9MWLQ.jpg

Where did you guys get those scales? Any chance I could grab a set? Are they from CPK? Thanks in advance for the info

Where did you guys get those scales? Any chance I could grab a set? Are they from CPK? Thanks in advance for the info

Those handle scales are currently purely developmental and the reason that Jonny (91Bravo) received one is because he went on the Knife or Death (KoD) show. Nathan came up with that solution for his Behemoth Chopper (BC) to be time efficient throughout the course since reportedly very little grip adjustment would be required, hence saving every precious second on a competition. I suspect that Mark is now our guinea piggy trying those scales on his MC to see if there are going to be commercial feasibilities down the road. Last but not least, Jonny's BC order was also supplied with the edgecut antique micarta handle scales which he had originally preordered so these scales in here were the icing on the cake for making it with his BC to KoD.

Back