Off Topic Medium sebenza 21

What do u think of a medium sebenza 21?

• Total voters
So I love the large 21 an was thinking on a small but they look too small but the large has a good bit of extra handle sticking out the back of my hand so its more than a 4 finger grip an the small 21 I see alot of people say they can't get 4 fingers on it so it's too small so me and im sure along with many others would love too see a medium sebenza 21 smaller than the large but bigger than the small so u can get all 4 fingers on the handle but not a bunch of handle hanging out the back of your hand like the large would be perfection I'd def buy one what yall think come on Mr. Reeve try it maby as a limited time knife an if it doesn't do good it's limited time and if it does amazing witch I'd put my check on it that it would then make it part of permanent collection. Not sure why I wrote all this cause I'm sure none of the reeve family will ever see this lol.what would be some cool names? It could be medium 21 lol or they have the 25 so it could be the sebenza 22 or 22.5 I can think of a bunch but nothing catchy maby the sebenza 21 middle class or the sebenza 21 inbetweener but really what do u think a good name would be an if I wanted chris reeve too read this witch I do I should have looked up the Zulu word for medium or middle lol anyways just my thoughts an too me sounds a extraodinary idea.

Yeah, I would like to see something with the size of the middle one from CRK, preferably Inkosi Insingo or Umnumzaan Insingo.

MacWasil_CRKs.JPG

The small 21 IS the medium sized. The Umfaan being the small size!

In all seriousness though people have desired a medium Sebenza for a very long time. Hopefully with the wife and son in charge we will start to see new innovations. I wonder if they would ever design a medium sebbie or they would need to get Chris Reeve to do it?

I think it may come one day though. Especially when they realize that so many CRK fans would snatch up a new CRK. I predicted in another thread that, if CRK were to release an m390 bladed sebbie it would probably sell out in preorder.

I would love one, but I am not sure how it would fit CRK's limited production capacity and it might(or might not?) also eat into sales of the large and small- now I need both since neither is a perfect size. Would I just buy a Medium (in most cases) or buy all 3?

Yes and bring back the Umfaan
? do you collect them or use them. Many seem to think they are a must have until they buy one, then don't find a whole lot of use for it. Neat little knife and glad they made them, but a bit small for practicality IMO-but opinions may vary.

I have a few Umfaans, but I'm afraid to loose it, or break it , as I usually carry a large... Neatest little knife ever though, Keep one on my desk for a letter opener....

No desire for a medium Sebenza. However, if they'd like to make a new design that's not the Ti-Lock in a 3.25"-3.375", that'd be interesting.

I'd love a medium Sebenza with a 3.25" blade. I'd be OK with a totally new design as well. I love the size and blade shape of the Ti-Lock but hated the scales and the locking mechanism. It's discontinued now anyway.

I would like to have a medium Sebenza 21 with a different clip point as I commented in another thread.
Anthony

I’d be in for sure. The size difference between the small and large is HUGE. A medium would be very welcome.

I'd love a medium Sebenza with a 3.25" blade. I'd be OK with a totally new design as well. I love the size and blade shape of the Ti-Lock but hated the scales and the locking mechanism. It's discontinued now anyway.

I was going to say the Ti-Lock filled this role but now that it's discontinued maybe they should consider a new model or a new size of a current model.

Tim Reeve has said he doesn't really see a need for a medium sebenza right now so I wouldn't hold my breath, but a medium-sized brand new model to replace the Ti-Lock would be great.

I would love a medium 21, but part of me would almost prefer a medium Inkosi. I much prefer the thinner blade stock and blade profile/geometry of the 21 though. If they came out with a medium Inkosi with a 21 blade that would be incredible. I know this will probably never happen though. I remember kidcongo speculating in an old thread that the ceramic lock interface may require the thicker blade stock, which I fear may be the case. I do love how smooth and consistent releasing the lock on my Inkosi is compared to the 21's I have.

Back