1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Meet The Force Mama V14 (FMV14). . . Coming Wednesday May 16, 2018 At 9:00 pm Eastern!!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, May 12, 2018.

1. Morgo

Morgo

Sep 14, 2013
    From what I've heard from Aussies makers, 16" or greater blade length seems to be the magic number to be a sword with out too many issues.

Personally I think how the maker markets the item plays a greater part and is possibly more important than the specs, provided it's around that 16" blade length, if you have to argue with customs.
    If the maker is producing and marketing a blade that is of a reasonable length that one could call it a short sword, then its a sword as that's what it was intended to be.

With the FMV14 being only 14" its still a bit grey area but I think you could successfully argue that the blade length and profile more closely resembles the style of a short gladius sword than a dagger which is usually much shorter in length with a tapered blade profile.

It would be a risk and its a decent amount of cash to gamble. That said I went through the effort of getting the paperwork to import a dagger into NSW this year when I bought my Shirogorov Dr Death CF (folding dagger).
    It came straight through customs with out any questions, I didn't need the paperwork in the end as customs didn't pick it up.
    So I bought a Hinderer Maximus (folding dagger) since I had the paper work ready to go, it too came straight through, no questions. So did a second Hinderer Maximus :)

So I still have this valid paperwork to import a dagger, thinking I'll probably pick up a Spyderco EuroEdge before the paperwork expires in August.

2. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    Okay maybe I'll just wait for a FMV16 :cool:

3. Morgo

Morgo

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm hoping there's an FMV18 or FMV20! :)

4. teclis22

teclis22

Jun 10, 2009
    I got totally no use for that.
    I want it anyway.

Hmm bring an F 20 next (6 Inch increments 8 - 14 - 20)
    or a LEAF-shaped blade. rawwrrrr

5. StealthCaliber

StealthCaliber

Jul 20, 2006
    Damn, now I want a choiless V8 as well. $872 shipped fully loaded, oh well there goes a couple TGA2s :D

6. xxwarderxx

xxwarderxx Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2015
    @Jerry Busse
    Is there any chance to get a FMV vs Gladius picture?

Could we get a weight spec on this new short sword?

Last question. Where is the point of balance on this blade?

You and your team has been killing it.

Thanks!

MattinLA likes this.
  7. BadAss182MK

BadAss182MK

Nov 21, 2017
    So what’s the nuke option bossman?! The wait is killing me!

8. tokerblue

tokerblue

May 1, 2010
    Crap. Coated or uncoated? They both look great. I'd love to get both, but I just dinged for the FMV8.

Maybe I'll just stay coated for a matching pair.

9. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    The more I look at this, the more I think I'm going to end up needing it. Well, getting it. I DON'T need it. But this is probably the closest I'm ever going to get to a Gladius; and I just don't see them adding 2 to 4 more inches to it to make it a true sword. Although legalities aren't the issue. I'd just like a longer short sword. I mean, isn't this actually shorter than the Rodent Rucki?

Went and checked. Yes, the Rucki is slightly longer. A little over an inch (15 1/2" vs this at ~14 1/8"). But this IS almost like a Gladius... just 1" shorter.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  10. Thorz113

Thorz113

Apr 24, 2014
    Amazing. Truly amazing.

Going to have to hide this until a milestone achievement. Or will achieve due to motivation...circular logic killing me...

11. SLOsmokin

SLOsmokin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    I 100% agree. No idea what I will use it for, BUT I WANT IT

12. Sethrotull

Sethrotull

Jun 4, 2009
    Waiting to see the Nuke options to see if I can resist.

13. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    I'm waiting to see what the nukes are too, except I want to see what I'm getting two of instead of trying to resist them. ;)

Sethrotull likes this.
  14. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    You can't handle the nukes!!!!!!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Cgkworks and Murman like this.
  15. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006

Well duh. The crab shack will be doing that.

16. Sethrotull

Sethrotull

Jun 4, 2009
    We live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with FMV14s. Who's gonna do it?

17. Daniel Halcomb

Daniel Halcomb Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Sign me up! I volunteer to walk on a wall and show off my FMV14s.

Sounds like one of the strange fantasies in my head :confused::D

Those fantasies being the majority of the reason I am going to own one or two of these:rolleyes:

18. Murman

Murman

Nov 11, 2015
    I eat breakfast 300 yards from 4000 Hogs who are trained to grease their meese, so don't think for one second that you can come down here, flash some INFI, and make me nervous.

19. Halveye

Halveye Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Just when you think you're out... He pulls you back in... the addiction continues... Want/need/want/need... Must have? I think so...

honorearth likes this.
  20. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006