MEGA MERGE: Member search fails to bring up recent threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still unable to search my recent posts and threads. Please don't forget about this issue - the unavailability of that feature makes my experience on BF less enjoyable. I'm sure others agree.

I've also had an issue with searching for keywords in different forums... I've done searches based on user or a brand name for example and certain recent threads get overlooked even though I can find them manually.

*not sure if this is the same issue as the rest of the topic*

thanks mods!

I recently did a couple search for "761" to see what was on the forum regarding the new Benchmade 761. When I didn't specify a time frame for the search I received many, many "hits". But if I specified "3 Months" or Newer, I didn't get a single hit. Given that the Benchmade 761 had only been out for a month or two, this is strange. Did I mess up the search somehow?
Thanks
rummels

I don't know that it's just you or your search. I've had the similar experience of using a search that resulted in a flood of "hits" that came back empty (or nearly so) when I used one of the Advanced modes to limit the search. Like you I've tried to limit returns by date (major failure). Also have had problems searching in subject (and got no returns even if I'd just seen the word in a posted subject line). Weird search engine.

FWIW, I've actually had better luck using that g**le search beast. It will often take me to the exact thread I was looking for; often the exact post. I am, of course, very familiar with that search engine.

Cheers, Ed

I don't know that it's just you or your search. I've had the similar experience of using a search that resulted in a flood of "hits" that came back empty (or nearly so) when I used one of the Advanced modes to limit the search. Like you I've tried to limit returns by date (major failure). Also have had problems searching in subject (and got no returns even if I'd just seen the word in a posted subject line). Weird search engine.

FWIW, I've actually had better luck using that g**le search beast. It will often take me to the exact thread I was looking for; often the exact post. I am, of course, very familiar with that search engine.

Cheers, Ed

Yes, this particular search engine often produces much better results: https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=011197018607028182644:qfobr3dlcra

Thanks all for the feedback and suggestions.

I think I will also default to G**gle when the Blade Forum search engine acts up. When I have tried it in the past I have also found that the results include Blade Forum posts.

Yep, just spent last couple,of hrs re configuring my settings, thought it was me until I found this thread. Good side brushed up on my computer skills. Only posts retrievable are from 11/12/04 and older. Still appreciative of the hard work mods do for us.

I'm in the same position, noticed it previously, but thought it was just a glitch.

Search functions seems to have a problem. It doesn't pick up recent posts. If you search on an OP's post name, you will get all of his/her posts except recent ones.

Thanks. I double posted one of my posts because I thought the original disappeared.

When I search for my latest threads or posts it is a month behind. None of the newer ones show up.

My last few "started for sale threads "have not been updating on my file. Makes it difficult to copy and paste re posts and even more difficult for potential buyers to see what is for sale on my profile page. I have to dig through two weeks of listings. It's been weeks and anyone know how much longer??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back