1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

MEGA MERGE: Member search fails to bring up recent threads

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by not2sharp, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevDevil

RevDevil

Nov 9, 2009
    Merged another 2. Helps keep things cleaner.

2. link2derek

link2derek

Oct 8, 2010
    Still unable to search my recent posts and threads. Please don't forget about this issue - the unavailability of that feature makes my experience on BF less enjoyable. I'm sure others agree.

3. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    No new posts/threads showing up in profiles since 11/14/14.

4. drrickso

drrickso

Nov 5, 2014
    I've also had an issue with searching for keywords in different forums... I've done searches based on user or a brand name for example and certain recent threads get overlooked even though I can find them manually.

*not sure if this is the same issue as the rest of the topic*

thanks mods!

5. rummels

rummels Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2013
    I recently did a couple search for "761" to see what was on the forum regarding the new Benchmade 761. When I didn't specify a time frame for the search I received many, many "hits". But if I specified "3 Months" or Newer, I didn't get a single hit. Given that the Benchmade 761 had only been out for a month or two, this is strange. Did I mess up the search somehow?
    Thanks
    rummels

6. edh3007

edh3007

Sep 26, 2014
    I don't know that it's just you or your search. I've had the similar experience of using a search that resulted in a flood of "hits" that came back empty (or nearly so) when I used one of the Advanced modes to limit the search. Like you I've tried to limit returns by date (major failure). Also have had problems searching in subject (and got no returns even if I'd just seen the word in a posted subject line). Weird search engine.

FWIW, I've actually had better luck using that g**le search beast. It will often take me to the exact thread I was looking for; often the exact post. I am, of course, very familiar with that search engine.

Cheers, Ed

7. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Yes, this particular search engine often produces much better results: https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=011197018607028182644:qfobr3dlcra

8. JGarrison Knives

JGarrison Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 28, 2005
    Ok, not just me then.

9. rummels

rummels Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Thanks all for the feedback and suggestions.

I think I will also default to G**gle when the Blade Forum search engine acts up. When I have tried it in the past I have also found that the results include Blade Forum posts.

10. Final Option

Final Option Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Yep, just spent last couple,of hrs re configuring my settings, thought it was me until I found this thread. Good side brushed up on my computer skills. Only posts retrievable are from 11/12/04 and older. Still appreciative of the hard work mods do for us.

11. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I'm in the same position, noticed it previously, but thought it was just a glitch.

12. casimirrx

casimirrx

Jun 15, 2009
  13. elkins45

elkins45

Jun 17, 2006
    Not working for me either. Gonna have to start bookmarking stuff.

14. 28gauge

28gauge

Dec 5, 2005
    Search functions seems to have a problem. It doesn't pick up recent posts. If you search on an OP's post name, you will get all of his/her posts except recent ones.

15. 28gauge

28gauge

Dec 5, 2005
    Thanks. I double posted one of my posts because I thought the original disappeared.

16. 12345678910

Jul 13, 2009
  17. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
  18. Mossyhorn

Mossyhorn Enlightened Rogue Gold Member

Dec 6, 2009
    When I search for my latest threads or posts it is a month behind. None of the newer ones show up.

19. waterstoneblades

waterstoneblades

Sep 17, 2013
    My last few "started for sale threads "have not been updating on my file. Makes it difficult to copy and paste re posts and even more difficult for potential buyers to see what is for sale on my profile page. I have to dig through two weeks of listings. It's been weeks and anyone know how much longer??????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.