MEGA Ratweiler bit off more than she could chew! Ack!

SpyderPhreak

Rocketman for hire
Platinum Member
Yeah, you read that right. :eek: Not her fault though, I was pushing her a bit too hard, lol. Did some camping last week, the MEGA Rat was a great camp knife. :)

IMG_5708.jpg

If she was a bit longer, she could have easily made it through. I beat her flush into the wood, but it just wouldn't crack. Not enough sticking out at the tip to beat on, so backed up and pulled her out. Forsaken Mistress to the rescue!

IMG_5709.jpg

Stubborn piece of wood. Grain spiraled as I progressed through the stump. Why the heck this piece wouldn't have been split before sale was beyond me. :rolleyes: Was pretty wet too, relatively. :thumbsdown:
IMG_5711.jpg

Gettin' there...
IMG_5713.jpg

All done. :cool:
IMG_5714.jpg

Hard to beat the FM! :D The Rat was doing well up to this point, works well to make smaller pieces for the campfire. I was hoping it would split that log (~7" dia.), but knew it would be pushing it. Thought maybe once I got the spine all the way in, the log would split. But it was too wet and tough. Oh well. :rolleyes:

I would take "slices" of the log instead of trying to split down the middle, but maybe that's just me.

yes those are great pictures you got there. That wood looked really wet.

Not terribly, but more than it should have been. This stuff was sawmill leftovers, that clearly hadn't sat long enough, especially when the one piece was ~7".

But...but...but knives aren’t for batoning

Haha! :p

I would take "slices" of the log instead of trying to split down the middle, but maybe that's just me.

That would have been the smart way to do it. ;) But after a couple three beers, I wasn't really caring about doing it the smart way. :p Hulk smash! :rolleyes:

It cracks me up every time I see most of the knife world complaining about knife abuse, and we are over here yelling "HELL YEAH!! BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF IT, BRO!!!". Lol!
This! :D

Back