Mega swamp warden handle question

Hi!

i’m considering one of these. My izula handle was terrible without a paracord wrap. It was great with a paracord wrap and I eventually put tkc scales on it. I am wondering how you guys like the mega swamp warden with just the bare steel handle? Do you use it as is or add something to it?

thanks!

The bare steel handle from the Mega SW is WONDERFUL compared to the bare Izula. It's about 2.5 as thick workout cord wrap. I like it a lot. If you're concerned about slipping on the bare handle, you can always wrap it with gutted cord.

I agree the Mega SW is much better than the Izula - but it would have more grip with a paracord or leather wrap, particularly in wet conditions.

best

mqqn

Thank you! I hadn't thought about using gutted paracord or leather. my concern was if it was too slippy and i wrapped it in cord it would be way thicker than i wanted it

Thank you! I hadn't thought about using gutted paracord or leather. my concern was if it was too slippy and i wrapped it in cord it would be way thicker than i wanted it
I use mine hard unwrapped in various conditions , never had an issue with grip ,as mentioned above the thickness and ergos lock it in the hand well too. Rounded edges keep it very comfortable !

I also have a para wrapped and unwrapped izula.. still prefer the naked mega warden in hand over the above

5C901573-F50A-40C4-B832-486FE4F23DC3.jpeg
I started out with no wrap and for general utility it’s great this way.
EF052AFA-8BC7-4D64-B3A9-E70875090CCD.jpeg
Doing some heavier carving with it alongside some other blades, I found it to be the most comfortable for carving using pressure with the off-side thumb (due to the extra thick and nicely rounded spine), however it was less comfortable than the others in hammer-grip carving with hot spots developing on my finger tips where they fell into the handle cutout. So I tried a wrap:
9804DF61-ECAC-458C-848F-5B2B868A1EF2.jpeg
Much better! Now it’s among the most comfortable knives I own for carving wood - so good in fact that I just got a few more for my wife and her brother’s kids - just gotta wrap the handles, knock the shoulders off the edges, and wait for their BuyBrown kydex knife houses to arrive...

Attachments

• 19F0E382-BB4A-4AF3-A953-58A16EE14467.jpeg
    19F0E382-BB4A-4AF3-A953-58A16EE14467.jpeg
    247.4 KB · Views: 8
  • A32BABEF-DE23-4260-8482-DAA583C40CA2.jpeg
    A32BABEF-DE23-4260-8482-DAA583C40CA2.jpeg
    250.4 KB · Views: 8
My sweetheart loves hers, she has no issues using it for any task...I used it on a Christmas trip to baton a bit if kindling, and it's pretty comfortable as is

Back