Mega Swamp Warden

I really like the looks of this knife. Can those of you who have them tell me how they have held up to use?

Thank you!

Mine snapped in half... :(

Bwaaaaahahahahaha! :D Totally just kidding! ;) :p That would probably be impossible without purposely doing it wth some kind of industrial machinery.

Mine have been doing great. It's hard to believe such a beast can have a thinner edge and more acute point than the original Swamp Wardens.

I don’t think you could break it by accident in the woods.

As long as you didn’t need to process a bunch of firewood, you could probably make due with one as your only tool living in the woods for years and never worry about it breaking (not recommended - I never leave home without several tools on my person - let alone on the trail where I have several more).

I convexed the shoulders off of mine and now it cuts beautifully.

It was “average Bussekin sharp” due to an average Bussekin edge angle (maybe 40 degrees inclusive I’d guess - now closer to 30-35 degrees inclusive on a freehand convex).

The combination of the thinner, convex edge and super-thick (SUPER THICK) spine, allows me to exert a great deal of force to the blade with my off-hand thumb, allowing for aggressive wood carving capability, although I haven’t tested long-term ergos.

It’s one of my favorite knives.

It’s the smallest knife I’d consider a “survival knife” and I tend to take it on shorter hikes where even if I do get injured, etc. I’ll be found within days, not weeks.

I carry it inverted in a great Buy Brown sheath, usually on this setup:
466B557A-7798-4A05-82AC-A5063F1E2A9C.jpeg
While it’s not really designed as a defensive knife imo, the addition of the pinky loop, while not quick to deploy, makes it more formidable AND gives it a decent amount of chopping power for its size too...
F92FDA42-6A5F-4706-A3C4-659DDBD5DE6C.jpeg

No way you could snap it lol i knew that was coming. I edc one in and outside work and its a tank. Holds its edge amazing and the pointy tip has been well used and abused as a prybar. I bought a second shortly after the first..

Order one of these tonight!! This will be my first Busse/Swamprat knife. Please flood this thread with pics. I’m gonna be waiting patiently for a while :)

Order one of these tonight!! This will be my first Busse/Swamprat knife. Please flood this thread with pics. I’m gonna be waiting patiently for a while :)

I started carrying mine everyday instead of my mega RatManDu, not for any particular reason but to change things up a bit and I am one happy Rat!!!

These things are rocks. SR101 with the Mega thickness and the hybrid grind - try to hurt one!
This would make a great abuse passaround knife in my opinion.

best
mqqn

Ive been tryin to kill mine since it came out.. been on my belt 24/7 through some extremly abbusive days at work and some serious batoning. Edge is juust starting to lose its bite. Ive turned some stubborn old "a knifes a knife" boys into sr101 believers to say the least .

Back