Memorial Day weekend

Thank you to all who served or currently serve ... and to their families who sacrifice also ... so that we can have the freedoms we have ...

if you ever get the chance ... just shake a service man's or woman's hand look them in the eye and say thank you ...

I never really thought about how much that simple gesture of shaking someone's hand as you say thank you can mean to them ... until I did so to a Veteran ... a man's man type ... big strong ... and saw his eyes tear up just a bit ...

God bless them all for all they've done and continue to do.

Today I think about some of my old friends who served and were wounded in combat who have died in the last few years..Some wounds are not obvious at first glance. One in particular lived in constant pain and when his VA doc stopped all opioids abruptly just gave up. Another of my friends suffers from Agent Orange exposure and a combat wound and fights daily for quality of life..and is slowly losing. Remember and help some of the one's still with us along with the dead as many are still fighting.

Yes there is a distinction for sure. I do however take Memorial Day one step farther.
Also included in those who died in service defending this great nation but i add those who suffered such grievous wounds that life as they once knew has forever been altered.
Thank God for those and the organizations that have been formed to help them cope with and experience a much better quality of life unimaginable just a decade or two ago.
God Bless them all!

Back