• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Menefee Western Trapper in African Blackwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Rick's first Western trapper, and is stamped "0" on the pile side of the tang. It's 4 3/16" long closed. This knife is very well made and finished. Pull is a nice medium 4-5 with good snap and no play. Blade lies just barely off center if you're being really picky. Spring is flush in all positions, and very tight with no gaps over the whole thing. The blackwood is very dark, but has nice brown streaks that stand out in bright light. I bought the knife as new from the original owner, since then i've lightly sharpened it (original edge was not great) and carried it in a slip a couple of times but didn't use it at all. There are a couple very fine scratches on the back spring and bolsters, but the blade and covers are pretty flawless. I don't know the exact blade steel, but it is certainly Ats-34/154cm/CPM-154.

Asking $415, including shipping in the US and fees. US sale only. I will consider trades for other custom traditionals.

image_zpsrpkprveh.jpeg

image_zpssvbgwc88.jpeg

image_zps9ckryvmk.jpeg

image_zpsxgdzbiay.jpeg

image_zps6dsirtxj.jpeg

image_zpswpnyvadj.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back