1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Merc Bowie

Discussion in 'Siegle Knives' started by Bill Siegle, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    Just finished this Merc Bowie up today. I used 1/4in thick 5160 for my blade steel. The scales are green canvas Micarta over yellow G10 liners. By using full flat grinds with a bit of taper and some drilling out of the tang, I got weight down to 16oz!!! Not at all bad for a 14 5/8in Overall Bowie :) The blade is 9 3/4in tip to handle.
    IMG_0858.JPG IMG_0859.JPG IMG_0860.JPG

oldmanwilly, AntDog, Mack and 2 others like this.
  2. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    that looks GOOD!

Bill Siegle likes this.
  3. GeofS

GeofS Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Beautifully aggressive lines on your knife. The scale contours also look extremely comfortable. Very nicely done. :thumbsup:

Bill Siegle likes this.
  4. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    Very nice

Bill Siegle likes this.
  5. Mack

Mack Sailin' a reach, before a followin' sea... Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    That looks like a beast. Perfect.

Bill Siegle likes this.
  6. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Very nice!!

Bill Siegle likes this.
  7. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Good looking bowie and that weight is awesome for that size of a knife, well done Bill.

Doug

Bill Siegle likes this.