1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Merry Christmas To Those Who Purchased An INFI Combat Grade BB13!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Dec 20, 2016.

1. darkaether

darkaether

Dec 23, 2006
    What a great Christmas! Last year we got to order the BAe2, and this year we get surprise thINFI that is already ordered. Truly outstanding

2. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Ah. Can't wait for the 13etter 13alanced 13asic 13olo 13!

3. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    THANK YOU BOSSMAN!!!! That has brought the BB13 right down to the PERFECT thickness, from my experience with the material I chop. I had been second guessing my order of the CG ever since I got dinged, because I had agonized over which to order; the CG seemed too thick, and the BG too thin. Oh how I wished the CG had come in .22" thickness. And BOOM! There it is! Thank you so much, and a very Merry Christmas to you sir!

EDITED TO ADD: The attention to balance is one of the things that has impressed me to the point of shock. It seems that every blade I have gotten I have been surprised at how balanced it is. This was particularly true of the TG-P. With its thickness, and already having a BGTG, I was expecting it to balance like a hatchet. But lo and behold, it comes in, and the balance feels the same at the BGTG to me, just with an extra 4"-ish of blade length. Just fantastic attention to balance in all the blades. You just don't see that often anywhere else, or ever. In my experience.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  4. Maqua

Maqua

Jan 21, 2005
    Looks like mine is on it's way! Merry Christmas!

5. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Shipping Notice? CG or BG? Congrats!!!

6. Maqua

Maqua

Jan 21, 2005
    Yeah I just got confirmation e-mail, not shipping notice. I ordered a muddy brown CG.

7. Webscrounger

Webscrounger Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Yes ... It's a Merry Christmas ... for me! BB13's to fill my stockings! I think we need a graphic for that.

8. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    So is this something I could consider Double Cut Combat Grade? Like DCBB but without the Bead Blast?

9. banana-clip

banana-clip

Jun 7, 2007
    I guess I'm the only one here that isn't excited about the thinner blade, .25" thick is perfect for a 13" chopper IMO. I'm not going to cancel my order because its still going to be an good chopper, but I'd rather have a .25" thick blade like I originally ordered.

10. busserev

busserev

Dec 21, 2016
    Nice! Faster than I expected. Now i'll just have to wait for the sheath from the group order with David Brown! Can't wait!:rolleyes:

11. safetyman

safetyman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 8, 2008
    You're not alone. I'm a fan of big blades...the bigger the better. The reason I bought the B13 was because I wanted something thicker than my 1311. Sure, the B13 will still beat the 1311 in thickness, but I really wanted 1/4". Oh well, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

12. Firestrike

Firestrike

Dec 23, 2012
    I would prefer .25 or thicker as well, but I will still be happy to own one. A chopper this long needs the thickness to keep it true during extreme use.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

13. Geoff

Geoff

Mar 21, 2001
    I'm in this camp as well. But .22 will be fine

14. Skrapmetal

Skrapmetal

Jul 13, 2009
    Hell when we first started talking about the B13 I wanted it thin like a 1311. This makes me happy.

15. Mumbojumboo

Mumbojumboo

Dec 20, 2010
  16. Armithius

Armithius

Feb 24, 2013
    Hot diggity daffodil! Merry Christmas, y'all!

17. OldPhysics

OldPhysics

Sep 2, 2006
    Merry Xmas.

I'm sure my BB13 will be here any day now.

18. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    Really looking forward to this one. Dinged last week, hopefully shipping comes soon.

19. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Talked to shaley, I'll be dinged after the holidays. Can't wait for this one.

20. Nobody

Nobody

Dec 13, 2000
    Dang, I didn't order one but if I'd known
    this development would occur I'd have definitely gotten in on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk