Merry Christmas To Those Who Purchased An INFI Combat Grade BB13!!!

What a great Christmas! Last year we got to order the BAe2, and this year we get surprise thINFI that is already ordered. Truly outstanding

dogboye

Gold Member
Here's an unexpected stocking stuffer for those of you who were lucky enough to score a Combat Grade BB13!

In order to improve the balance of these monster choppers, we have gone the extra mile, at no additional cost to you, and have surface ground both sides of these INFI blanks prior to bevel grinding.

We only removed a small amount of steel but the difference in felt balance seems to have been dramatic. Likewise, the majority (not all) of surface imperfections have been removed from the raw stock along the way which should make the strippers happy! :eek:

The finished blade thickness with coating should be approximately .225" and slightly less with the coating removed.

Merry Christmas Gang!:thumbup:

Let's Drink!:thumbup:

Jerry:D

THANK YOU BOSSMAN!!!! That has brought the BB13 right down to the PERFECT thickness, from my experience with the material I chop. I had been second guessing my order of the CG ever since I got dinged, because I had agonized over which to order; the CG seemed too thick, and the BG too thin. Oh how I wished the CG had come in .22" thickness. And BOOM! There it is! Thank you so much, and a very Merry Christmas to you sir!

EDITED TO ADD: The attention to balance is one of the things that has impressed me to the point of shock. It seems that every blade I have gotten I have been surprised at how balanced it is. This was particularly true of the TG-P. With its thickness, and already having a BGTG, I was expecting it to balance like a hatchet. But lo and behold, it comes in, and the balance feels the same at the BGTG to me, just with an extra 4"-ish of blade length. Just fantastic attention to balance in all the blades. You just don't see that often anywhere else, or ever. In my experience.

Last edited:
Yeah I just got confirmation e-mail, not shipping notice. I ordered a muddy brown CG.

Webscrounger

Gold Member
Yes ... It's a Merry Christmas ... for me! BB13's to fill my stockings! I think we need a graphic for that.

zombieassassin

Gold Member
So is this something I could consider Double Cut Combat Grade? Like DCBB but without the Bead Blast?

I guess I'm the only one here that isn't excited about the thinner blade, .25" thick is perfect for a 13" chopper IMO. I'm not going to cancel my order because its still going to be an good chopper, but I'd rather have a .25" thick blade like I originally ordered.

Nice! Faster than I expected. Now i'll just have to wait for the sheath from the group order with David Brown! Can't wait!:rolleyes:

safetyman

Platinum Member
I guess I'm the only one here that isn't excited about the thinner blade, .25" thick is perfect for a 13" chopper IMO. I'm not going to cancel my order because its still going to be an good chopper, but I'd rather have a .25" thick blade like I originally ordered.

You're not alone. I'm a fan of big blades...the bigger the better. The reason I bought the B13 was because I wanted something thicker than my 1311. Sure, the B13 will still beat the 1311 in thickness, but I really wanted 1/4". Oh well, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

I would prefer .25 or thicker as well, but I will still be happy to own one. A chopper this long needs the thickness to keep it true during extreme use.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

You're not alone. I'm a fan of big blades...the bigger the better. The reason I bought the B13 was because I wanted something thicker than my 1311. Sure, the B13 will still beat the 1311 in thickness, but I really wanted 1/4". Oh well, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

I'm in this camp as well. But .22 will be fine

Hell when we first started talking about the B13 I wanted it thin like a 1311. This makes me happy.

Really looking forward to this one. Dinged last week, hopefully shipping comes soon.

Dang, I didn't order one but if I'd known
this development would occur I'd have definitely gotten in on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC