Messing with my laredo again, tried some filework....

Been personalizing my CS Laredo bowie here and there for a while now, decided to take some files to it a while back and thought I'd share some pics.

I had decided a year or so ago that I wanted to make this knife both more ergonomic and give it some personalized character at the same time. So I reworked and engraved the handle, enlarged the choil, reshaped the guard, and forced a patina on the blade all a while back, but the file work on the spine is new....

008-2.jpg

I was going for a vine like pattern with it here....
007-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

009-1.jpg

Next up, I'd like to maybe try some etching on the blade..... we'll see. haha!

Thanks for looking! :)

That REALLY looks good! :thumbsup:

I especially like that filework. Looks great on that perfectly patina'd blade. Everything looks in 'balance' on that knife, nothing overdone. That's really impressive.

Nice work. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the kind words guys!

Playing around with modding knives is fun, someday I'd love to get the equipment to actually make my own knives. .....one of these days! :)

Patina
Been personalizing my CS Laredo bowie here and there for a while now, decided to take some files to it a while back and thought I'd share some pics.

I had decided a year or so ago that I wanted to make this knife both more ergonomic and give it some personalized character at the same time. So I reworked and engraved the handle, enlarged the choil, reshaped the guard, and forced a patina on the blade all a while back, but the file work on the spine is new....

008-2.jpg

I was going for a vine like pattern with it here....
007-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

009-1.jpg

Next up, I'd like to maybe try some etching on the blade..... we'll see. haha!

Thanks for looking! :)
what did you use to force that patina?

Back