• STOP USING PAYPAL FRIENDS & FAMILY
    Please, help us prevent you getting ripped off because someone got their account compromised by reusing their email & password. Read the new best practices for using the Exchange FAQ page.

Mexico

hi i may be going to mexico in a few months and i am considering buying a few knives and was wondering if it is legal to mail the to my house from there or if i can put the in my non-carry on luggage

thanks

as far as i know, you should be fine bringing them back, as long as you dont have any autos. there is a specific section for an auto in a vehicle.

ca pc 653(k)

just to be safe, mailing may not be a bad idea.

Federal felony to mail autos through USPS . . . use FedEx or another common carrier if you're considering such.

actually, per the code which i just reread, you are technically not in violation if the auto is in the trunk.

Are they autos (switchblades) that you are seeking to bring back? If so, there is no legal way to do so........Customs has very tight controls on this and you are crossing a border so it is their call before any state or other Federal laws apply.....

Back