Micarta Mini Dyad arrived, have question.

Got home from a rotten day at work to find a small brown box on the kitchen table with my micarta mini Dyad in it. Much better now.

I am amazed at the compact size and solid feel of this knife, it is not big enough to be heavy, but it is built like a bank vault.

Is there a preferred cleaner for micarta handled knives? As it came it has a little grit in it, you can just hear it when you open and close it. Thanks!

RonS - Welcome to the Spyderco Forum. Glad we could help ease your day. For me it's when I get a new prototye to play with.

The lite weight Dyad Jr. is actually lighter, also well made.

Enjoy.

sal

Hi Ron!
I used a high quality carnuba car wax on my Calypso Jr.with Micarta handles.
Take care and welcome!
John Row
colobbfan

------------------
I've had more paper cuts than cuts from knives, but the knives are QUICKLY gaining!

I've had mine at least a year, and love it. But I didn't like the way it felt in my pocket. So I took the clip off and voila, THE WORLD'S PERFECT POCKET KNIFE! Perfect size and shape, all rounded and smooth, and two radically different, locking blades to boot! in a perfect world, one would fing the right size set-srews to fill the open holes.

Try it, you'll like it!

------------------
Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Matt99 - Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

I took the clip off of mine as well.

Actually many consider the lightweight version to be superior. The holes are are larger which makes the knife easier to open one handed. Overall weight is less (2 oz vs 1.5 oz). Price is less.

sal

Thanks Sal; I have actually been away long enought that I had to re-register.

I like the Micarta version because of its heft and feel, and I like my knives to have liners, even if just partial ones, ala Military. Tried the Lightweight Calypso Jr., and really like the feel of the "fish scales", and the indented lock release, but I stuck with my stainless model.

I admire what you've done with your company, and the excellent, almost perfect, knives you make.

------------------
Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Back