Mice Infestation

boy, that's all we need, nautical pirate zombie mice, better cremate them durn quick before they turn,

arrrr, brains me matey - squeek, squeeek....

M-47.jpg

Spring traps. They're cheap, they work, and the mouse usually doesn't feel a thing. If you leave them sitting on paper towels, there's no mess and the whole thing can be conveniantly bundled up and tossed in the trash.

Try giving your cat a motivational speech. Once Oscar realized that it was either rent money, pest control duty, or medical research, there were no mouse problems. (Granted, I'm not sure that we ever had mice in the first place but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here.)

I'm going to disagree. The glue traps worked best for me in a house with an infant and two dogs. We were concerned that dogs would find a trap, or the babes would eat the poison. We set the glue traps along the path of infiltration and killed quite a few. I dont' recall how many we got that way, but I do recall get 5, three of which were on the same trap in the garage/work shop, while speaking to my mother about the mouse troubles we were having.

Only bad thing is the smallest beagle apparently got a trap with a mouse on it. Ate the mouse and got the trap stuck to his muzzle, shoulder, opposite shoulder pit, and both front paws. He got it on all over the heavy purple blanket I'd just bought the wife, and chewed holes through it to get himself unstuck.

The sight of him with patched of purple cloth attached to his chin, paws, and legs, was boggling until we wonder why it was stuck to him....

Anyway, if you are tender hearted type you can pour oil over mr stuck mouse and let him go behind the neighbors house. I just pitched them trap and all into the garbage out in the garage. Wife let a couple go until she started wondering why the next few mice she caught all smelled like french fries...

You could however use a zombie ferret...

45-70 said:
You could however use a zombie ferret...

Here's what a fresh zombie ferret looks like complete with death shroud....don't tell my wife that the ferret pulled down the drapes and rolled on them..k?
DSC00461.jpg

Jake

(Warning Thread swerve)

Jake,

Good to see you survived another night of storms, pretty tame here, not nearly as bad as predicted

(Back between those lines on the road)

Good God, did he break his back while he was at it?

You know, I have no idea why Spark felt the Cantina needed its own special place.

Although, even Bill Martino might have some work to make this thread "have everything to do with khukuris."

Kismet said:
You know, I have no idea why Spark felt the Cantina needed its own special place.

Although, even Bill Martino might have some work to make this thread "have everything to do with khukuris."

awright, i'll ask the question that has been hovering just out of perception in our minds. "what kukhri should i use for mouse hunting?" there, done it. can we go back into the room with the big people now?

my ans: i'd take one of them kukh's with a lanyard hole, stick a pivot rod thru the hole mounted such that the blade can be raised vertically above a baited trip release (peanut butter works best, try some of cousin billy carter's from georgia, he needs all the help he can get after his bro's awful stint in washytown dc), tripped kukh descends, slices, dices and prepares mouse in one easy thunk. i'll leave the mylars to the draftsmen who can firm up the verbal sketch...

I like poison. Get them all. Seems like traps just get a few.

Got some enclosures (so my damn dumb dogs don't eat it) and turquoise colored poison blocks.

Found some turquoise colored rat and mouse poop, but no more rodents. No stinking bodies either. Guy at the DIY Pest Control said they go outside to die.

I love it when they chew into my stored poison!

I was thinking we could combine hobbies here.
What if we build some of those miniature Roman Siege and Warfare machines and then bait them with peanut butter?

treb_t4_1_medium.jpg

You build the trebuchet, bait it and place it in front of a video camera.

Now that's what I'd call entertainment....

How come no one uses a shrink ray? Shrink yourself and and a big game rifle and you go huntin'. :rolleyes: :)

i was doing it the other way 'round - with my acme expando-ray:

col4_jpg.jpg

had to set my assault atlatl on full auto for that one.

prefer using my patented acme fairy godmother ray tho, it came up with this one, lots more fun than hunting!

mousekit.jpg

Back