Microtech Baby (Mini) Socom Discontinued!

Well Microtech has decided to discontinue the Mini-Socom. So snap them up while you can!

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

Dang, and I was going to practically give mine away for wholsale. Glad no one wanted to cough up a few bucks over wholesale, now it will be worth a mint!

Hmm, I would ask, why? WHY?!

redface.gif

Well, I have one so I'm happy enough.. I suppose.

=- Dan

Say it ain't so Mike.

I'll ask too, WHY?!?!

I love the Mini, it's my daily carry knife. In fact besides colectables the Socoms are my only folders.

Chris

The main issue has to do with the price it has on the open market. According to Microtech it has goten to low to remain a profitable item for most dealers.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
www.wowinc.com

Do you suppose that MT's decision to drop the baby socom could be due to the fact it has been knocked off and at an incredibly lower price. Here is a pic of the new Master Knives "Intruder"...look familiar to anyone?

<A HREF="http://www.masterknives.com/_borders/HC-888BA11.jpg">Master Knives "Intruder"</A>

AUS-8 steel for the blade, aluminum handles with rubber inserts and a Suggested Retail Price of $39.95

They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery, wonder if Tony at MT is flattered or pissed.

Jonathan

------------------
Live every day as if it was your last, for some day it shall be.

[This message has been edited by Jonathan (edited 08 January 1999).]

WOW I bet he is pissed and AJ used to work for me. Tony knows him. AJ does not own MasterKnives BTW. MasterKnives is a trademark of Double 8.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
www.wowinc.com

That make me think of the "Dirty Dalton" incident of the knock off Halo (ranger) OTF!

That is a behavior that we the customers should boicot...

Just my 2¢

------------------
Joel Pirela
Graphic & Knife Designer

That's just dirty. I for one am disgusted. I would hope for MT to sue them if such a thing is possible.

*ugh*

=- Craig

The company who makes MasterKnives is very particular about the knives they knock off. They do not knock of those with patents.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
www.wowinc.com

It's really a shame - especially for those of us who can't carry autos. But remember this is MICROTECH and unless they can sell their products for above market prices - they will discontinue. The greed factor. Nobody manipulates supply and demand as well as these guys. I, for one, limit my Microtech puchases to items that are not outrageously priced. I wish they had a bit more respect for those that support them.

[This message has been edited by FULCRUM (edited 09 January 1999).]

Back