Microtech LCC MA

I just bought my first Microtech knife today, the LCC MA Plain, Stone Washed version.

I try to read all post in all forums etc, before I make a final buy and almost every post or comment I saw seems to agree, that this is a really nice knife for the $$

I have noticed no noise at all from the laynard pin (Have heard some rattle in the handle), and the blade is dead center in the handle. Fit and finish are great! All grind lines are even. The ONLY thing I can find after close inspection is the handle screw just below the clip is slightly deformed because of the torx driver having slipped maybe upon assembley...Keep in mind this is being very anal and TRYING to find a fault.
smile.gif
I used an eye loupe to look over every piece of this knife and thats ALL I could find. If you didnt know any better youd think this was a hand made or custom knife.

How they are doing this at the price these sell for, I dont know. But this one has just set a new standard for any other production knives I buy in the same price range. The only other I have seen which I think gives the LCC a run for its money is the Al Mar Sere 2000, and that one I think just moved up to my #1 "Must have" list.
smile.gif

------------------
Keith D.Armacost
If The Women Don't Find You Handsome,
At Least Let Them Find You Handy. R.G.

I have an Al Mar 2000 and just recently got a LCC in stonewash plain. I thought I would sell the Al Mar when I got the MT, but the fit and finish on the 2000 is so fine I can't bring myself to let it go. I do think if I had to keep just one of them for a user knife it would be the Al Mar. Bruce

The LCC and SERE 2000 are both excellent knives. I find myself carrying one or the other every day. These are two knives that live up to the hype. I couldn't part with either one.

------------------
Dennis Bible

The LCC MA's sell for around $130, give or take, depending where you buy it. Same goes for the Sere 2000, these are a little cheaper though (In price only!)
smile.gif

Thought I had all the screw drivers and torx sizes Id ever need...But now I have to go get a Spline set. I tried a Torx, but saw that it was not the correct size. Does Sears carry these?

------------------
Keith D.Armacost
If The Women Don't Find You Handsome,
At Least Let Them Find You Handy. R.G.

Well I am going to jump in here since these are friendly waters! I am in complete agreement with the LCC/SERE. I have finally sold off most other brands and now have Microtechs. I still have a couple other brands that I am going to be trading in the near future. When finished I will have approx. ten to twelve Microtechs, one Case jacknife from my deceased Dad, and one SERE 2000. I just compared the two, physically, the other day. These two knives have got to be the best 2 offerings at that price range, or for that fact at double the price, available today!! The quality, fit, and finish are OUTSTANDING. 'Nuff said!!!

------------------
Art Sigmon
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Php. 4:13

Back