Might be hard to answer, but.....

If you only had enough time to grab one of your SOG's because of some natural disaster or such, what would it be and why?

For my self, I only have three but I would have to say my Tigershark because of its size and durability.

Cheers,

Guard....

:rolleyes: Lets see................ :( Hmmmmmmmmmm

:rolleyes: Hunter Revolver.......... I can cut or saw.
I also have 3 in the truck ready to go, that is if we could take our vehicles. :(

Robbie Roberson ;)

P.S. Tiger is a good choice too...... :)

That's a tough question :grumpy:, I would take either my Revolver-H or my Tigershark.
I would probably end up taking the Revolver-H because it is far more usefull in a quasi-urban environment, especially after a natural disaster. Ideally I would take both though.;)

What about your Flash II ? :D

These questions are really hard for me because I like them all. But I don't think I could survive very long with just a Flash II. Still need my Hunter, I know I could at least make a shelter and fire.

Robbie Roberson :rolleyes:

Yeah, its a hard question alright. The flash II is really nice, but I would really want the saw of the revolver at my side in the case of a natural disaster. Having that Blade/saw combo would be really nice. However if the disaster turned out to be a foreign invasion I would probably take the tigershark because it is better suited for covert de-animation.:eek:

my PowerLock. That would be the first piece I would grab. Having spent the past 18 years in Disaster Preparedness, I know a good tool when I have one. And since I wear my Flash II every day, would already have it on my belt.

Hey, thats a good point if it's already on your person then you dont have to grab it in order to bring it along:D. Following that logic I would grab my tigershark because I usually have my Flash II and Blink in my pocket and my Powerlock and Revolver-H on my belt.:p;)

P.S. Robbie, I think you were right....... I really am sick.:rolleyes:

Let's see, that 5 SOGs your going to be carrying in an emergency situation, sure thats enough ? :eek: :rolleyes:

You may need to consider a backpack, lined of course. :)

Robbie Roberson ;)

Robbie Roberson said:
Let's see, that 5 SOGs your going to be carrying in an emergency situation, sure thats enough ? :eek: :rolleyes:

Robbie Roberson ;)

There is a simple answer to that question, one word, two letters...

NO.:D

Robbie Roberson said:
That might be a violation of the "Grab one" rules...... :D

But it's a good violation. :)

Robbie Roberson ;)
of telling others how to be prepared. Have a large back-pack in the car with all kind of survival supplies-enough for the wife and I to subsist for at least three days. Also have a second Flash II stowed in the pack (the one I'm trying to remove scratches from). In VN, we carried just about anything that would even remotely be able to save our skins in any event. Two tours on river patrol (pre PBR) taught me that you can never have enough of the right tools.

Richard Gross said:
of telling others how to be prepared. Have a large back-pack in the car with all kind of survival supplies-enough for the wife and I to subsist for at least three days. Also have a second Flash II stowed in the pack (the one I'm trying to remove scratches from). In VN, we carried just about anything that would even remotely be able to save our skins in any event. Two tours on river patrol (pre PBR) taught me that you can never have enough of the right tools.
Very good advice, I'm slowly trying to put together a survival kit myself.;)

P.S Get those scratches out yet?

using the "grab bag" concept, I'll modify that to "grab box" ......

many of my knives rest quietly in a cardboard box in the garage, so all I need to do is grab that box and I'll have plenty of SOG's !!!

Cheers,

Carl

SCUBA/Demo or the TigerShark.
Probably lean toward the Tiger though. Leather handles and sheath of the SCUBA won't fare too well in moisture- but it does have a handy sharpening stone :)

~Jay
CT Specialty Knives
SOG Dealer

I'm thinkin' the Tigershark would definitely be my # 1 pick from the "grab box."

matter of fact, I tossed it in the car last night while packing for a Guns & Whiskey Weekend !!

Cheers,

Carl

New Pig Hunter said:
I'm thinkin' the Tigershark would definitely be my # 1 pick from the "grab box."

matter of fact, I tossed it in the car last night while packing for a Guns & Whiskey Weekend !!

Cheers,

Carl

Guns & whiskey, Now that is an explosive combination if I ever heard one :eek: I definitely could see that turning into a disaster, though it might not be considered a "natural disaster" .:D

Yes, I spoke to him about this by email, it's just a few sips at bed time for him. :)

And no shooting glass bottles in the desert..............especially thrown in the air........ :eek:

He'll be good, he's done this many times before.......... :rolleyes:

Robbie Roberson :cool:

O.K. glad to hear, drinking and shooting is a bad combination.;)

Socintel :cool:
icon14.gif

Yup, it'd be one of my Tigersharks for me. I'd also have my Deluxe Pocket PowerPlier since it's one of my EDC's.

Back