Might have to retire my Small Plain Sebenza

Never thought I would utter (or type) those words but I've found something that I may just like better...

A Small Classic Sebenza. I just got my hands on one for the first time and it just feels better. The blade seems more versatile, I really like the point.

Seems lighter too. I don't know for sure but it sure feels like it.

The thumb stud is easier to get to as well. There is a lot of clearance. It is easier to open without a doubt.

As far as it being a small over a large... As far as I am concerned there is no question that if I could only own one it would be the small. Physically the large may be more capable but politically the small rules. I can (and have) flown with my Small Sebbie and it is legal to carry just about everywhere. That is especially important because I work as the Security Manager at a Department Of Labor Job Corps Center and we are considered a school so anything with a blade over 3" if a no go.

The ideal survival knife is the one you have with you when it hits the fan. For me it will be a Small Sebbie. The only thing I think I will change about this knife is the thumbstud. I think I will go to a double. I just got one on my Box Elder Woodie and it is a winner.

I will carry and use my Classic for a while and keep you posted.

I heard or read somewhere that Chris carries a Small Classic, how could I argue with him???

------------------
Please reply to: rnpollard@hotmail.com

Hoah! (Its an Army thing!)

I've always liked my knives on the large size, some say its a Freudian thing, I don't know. I used to carry an original MADD MAXX as a daily carry, and it sports a 5.5" blade! Here lately I have gone to smaller bladed knives and my current carry is the 2001 ironwoody large Sebenza I picked up at Blade. Also just traded for another large, a 1999 NIB with dual studs and satin finished blade, that will alternate with the woody. With that said, I have been thinking about a small Sebenza. I just don't know if I would be satisfied with the sub 3" blade. Where I live ( rural area ) and work ( 7th grade teacher/part time Wally World Sporting Goods Ass.) a 3.5" blade is not a problem at all.

What I really want to do is get a CG large so as to have examples of the range of Sebenza's. But I guess there is a small sebbie somewhere in my future, just can't really get excited about it.

Somebody out there, EXCITE ME!!!

------------------
Art Sigmon
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Php. 4:13

"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword"
Heb. 4:12

Back