1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Mike or Jerry Serrated Busse Basics?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Riley, Mar 25, 2000.

1. Riley

Riley

Feb 27, 2000
    I don't know what happened to the thread, but Mike Thurber at 1stopknifeshop was offering to serrate the basic for free, if purchased from him. I questioned the effect on warrenty and haven't found an answer. Does anybody know?

------------------
    Riley
    Do it right,or not at all.

2. Mike Turber

Mike Turber

Oct 2, 1998
    I was waiting for Jerry to release an official policy on how modifications are to be handled.

The concern is that individuals will start attacking their knives with various tools to modify them. This would create a world of hassles for Jerry where the warranty is concerned. This also creates a problem for me if I modify the knives and you ever have a problem.

The problem is that what would happen if you send your knife in and Jerry needs to replace it. I would be happy to put new serrations but I could be out of business or most likely dead. Or vice versa, not sure which is less painful [​IMG]

Also what if a problem occurs with the serration section. Only you would know that you bought the knife from me. If you sold it, then the next person would not know this and we are back to the original problem.

I will not put words in Jerry's mouth nor will I attempt to add to his warranty policy.

My plan is to add a sheet with each knife which identifies the modifaction as being mine. I will not continue the project until Jerry has had time to digest the situation. This way we come up with a plan that works for all concerned.

------------------
    Best Regards,
    Mike Turber
    BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
    Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
    Show Your Support -Visit Our Sponsors - Click On The Banners!
    Visit www.onestopknifeshop.com
    All sales from 1 Stop Knife Shop help support this site!

[This message has been edited by Mike Turber (edited 03-26-2000).]

3. Riley

Riley

Feb 27, 2000
    Thank you Mike. I look forward to the result.

------------------
    Riley
    Do it right,or not at all.