Mike T's Dragon Forge knives?

Does anyone know how good/bad the Dragon Forge knives are? I know the concept...cheap knock offs with royalties paid to original designer. But what about the quality? I'm looking at POSSIBLY getting the Jaguar bali-song, but want to know if it's even safe to use...it's only to flip around while I sit at my desk. I'm just copncerned because I would never buy a knock off to cut stuff with, but this is just a toy. Mike if you can respond, please do.

Thanks,
Mitch

I got one of the Dragon Forge butterfly knives and it's pretty servicable - nothing's broken and it's been practiced with a lot. I found the edge, out of the box, to be OSHA (can't cut yourself) type and that's an advantage when you're as clumsy as I am. This is easily rectified.

FWIW, I'm not sure that a knock-off is negative if the original manufacturer has orphaned me. I got interested in knives after Benchmade sent it down the river and couldn't find a "real" one - without dragon forge I'd be squat out of luck.

I'm not saying there isn't something better out there but I am saying I couldn't find it - the balisong experts may feel free to steer me in the right direction. I'd likely buy one just 'cuz I liked the DF.

Back