Mike Turber - Will you act on our behalf?

I want Columbia River Knife & Tool to be active on the Forum, maybe even have their own Forum.

I know this is possible.

Can you make it so?

------------------
Marion David Poff aka Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com If I fail to check back with this thread and you want some info, email me.

Check out the blinking story, an online pleasure. I also revise my page daily.

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Meadows/1770/index.html

Sorry I can not make it so.

Any manufacturer can have a forum in here. If we (Spark and I) do not beleive the forum will generate enough traffic, we will generally put them in the non-specific forum. I even did this with my Dragon Forge line.

The manufacturers all know we are here. Most are scared of the internet and CRK&T is one of those who is taking a wait and see attitude for now. They are welcome to have their own forum and maybe a little prodding by others will get them to follow suit. A call to Paul or Rod may get the ball rolling. A little influence from Kit would help too.

Again the forum is free to them and a great customer service benifit.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

You know, it may be a pain to Sal and Bob to maintain their fora, but my guess is that they are definitely benefitting from their involvement. I also know that Buck has received no little f;ak from the forumites, Copfish in particular, but I doubt very seriously if they would give their forum up. The point is, you gat a very knowledgeable and willing groupof participants in honing your products and sales campaigns, and all for no cash investment. What more could you ask?

------------------
Walk in the Light,
Hugh

Double post deleted

[This message has been edited by FullerH (edited 01 August 1999).]

Double post deleted

[This message has been edited by FullerH (edited 01 August 1999).]

Copfish, I thought that you were the one carrying on a debate with Hubbard over the Smatchet. If not, I am sorry.

Just to set the record straight, I went back and searched the Buck forum until I found the thread. The person taking Buck to task over the Smatchet was Ghostsix. Again, my apologies to Copfish for my lapse of memory.

------------------
Walk in the Light,
Hugh

[This message has been edited by FullerH (edited 03 August 1999).]

I was wondering that myself, why Cold Steel didn't have their own forum. Hopefully some other companies will get their own forum.

Cold Steel had a forum and shut it down.

The problem was it used the old Matt's Scriptive style and they had no moderator. Without moderation it took on a rec.knives atmosphere and died quickly. I tried my best to help moderate it however without the power to delete I could not have any real moderation power and they knew it.

Cold Steel has also been offered a forum but to date I have not heard any thing from them. I was told that they may have one on their site but I fear it would turn into what the Benchmade forum has now become.

I do not want the succes of BladeForums to deter a manufacturer from having a forum on their site. I do however beleive their interests would be best served if thay have their forum here.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

Back