Military 2???

gamma_nyc

Gold Member
Anyone know if there will be a Military 2 launch at some point?

I have a hankering for a slightly larger PM2. Compression lock and similar blade and handle shape.

anyone else?

Nope. Sounds horrible. I hope they change the name to Paramilitary XL.

It's not a Military

Nope. Sounds horrible. I hope they change the name to Paramilitary XL.

It's not a Military

why not a military? Paramilitary denotes covert. Military is larger, and therefore less “covert”

why not a military? Paramilitary denotes covert. Military is larger, and therefore less “covert”

There are covert units in the military.

The paramilitary organizations I investigated, (primarily overseas, but some stateside), are not particularly covert.

I think we'll have to do a better job establishing parameters and definitions.

Me? I'll be happy with some new runs of the classic Military. (Can you hear us, Sal? :cool:)

There are covert units in the military.

The paramilitary organizations I investigated, (primarily overseas, but some stateside), are not particularly covert.

I think we'll have to do a better job establishing parameters and definitions.

Me? I'll be happy with some new runs of the classic Military. (Can you hear us, Sal? :cool:)

Agree on establishing parameters.

How about this:

1. Paramilitary 2 scaled up to a size that gets it to a 3.9” blade.

2.Everything else to scale: blade width, height, Handle dimensions.

3. Compression lock

Agree on establishing parameters.

How about this:

1. Paramilitary 2 scaled up to a size that gets it to a 3.9” blade.

2.Everything else to scale: blade width, height, Handle dimensions.

3. Compression lock

I have no dog in this fight, gamma, I was just having a little fun with it. I think all of us Spydie fans are entitled to make known our wishes. Me, I'm pretty happy with the stuff coming out of Golden as is, so I'm a crappy sounding board.

Some of the custom knife makers I've worked with might say differently, but it's a different venue by and large, and I'm no longer active in that arena these days.

Smaller variations in size to the Military would certainly interest me. The same is true for a larger size of the PM2.

On the other side of that, I'd love to see a Lil' Para as a scaled down version of the PM2, similar in length to a Lil Native.

...and now I'm trying to envision what a Lil Millie might look like.

If there is going to be a military 2 it should be exactly the same just with tip up carry instead of incorrect carry lol

I’ll also be looking forward to a certain sprint Military. It’s perfect just the way it is though, great liner lock design.

S35VN, Cruwear, or CPM 154 would be great. Heck it would be cool to have one in the new Spy27 even, with those blue scales, count me in!

Last edited:
I’ll also be looking forward to a certain sprint Military. It’s perfect just the way it is though, great liner lock design.

S35VN, Cruwear, or CPM 154 would be great. Heck it would be cool to have one in the new Spy27 even. Which those blue scales, count me in!

Never even thought of those options (S35VN, CPM154), I would buy both. Let's say red and white G10 Sprints.

While I would love new variations of the Military (outside random sprints with steel / scale color changes), I'd also love to see the type of liner lock on the Military used on smaller PM2 and Para 3 sizes.

K390 in the navy blue would be a layup addition to current rollout of new K390 blades. I’d still like to see a dark purple g10 handle that’s translucent like the S110Vs. Fluted mo’ better!

I’d creatively suggest a new blade shape for a variant. I sketched out one last year, let me see if I can dig it up...

B19BCCD7-077D-4946-A78C-77A73614FA58.jpeg

Back