military questions.

Hi all,

just a quick question about the military.
the pictures I see show tip down carry with this knife, but I was wondering if the clip can be reveresed for tip up carry.

also, the blade looks almost exactly like and endura's, which leads me to believe it may be a bit thin at the tip...is this true?

if the clip can be changed to tip up carry I think this would be my dream design in a knife.

The Military is tip-down only. Special modifications would have to be made to make it tip-up.
It is not quite the same blade as the Endura, although it is close. The Military has a distal taper, which means that it tapers gracefully and continuously along the entire length of the blade. My Endura, old style, does not do this. As such, the tip of the Military does have a very thin tip. However, I have to say that it is fairly sturdy, for some reason. I accidentally jammed my tip into a glass plate, and it only bent the tip a little bit (about 0.5mm or less). I could have probably saved it, bending it back by steeling it. But, I just sharpened it again, and now the tip has the tiniest bit or squaring off. Not a big deal, it still cuts and penetrates like crazy.

IMO, the Military is a well designed knife. It's BIG, though. You are aware of that, right? It is quite a bit bigger in the hand than my Endura. A LOT of blade, and even more handle. BEEFY is the word that comes to mind.

------------------
iktomi

Back