Military Trioxane bars really suck...

Originally posted by johnniet
M2, you are a man after my own heart. Stopping to make a cup of hot chocolate using a solid fuel stove while out on a winter's day walk with the dog. What could be more perfect (except if the stove had worked:D)?

I'm on my second childhood... I grew up with the asian parents that would not let me play with toys, play sports or have friends...LOL... It was study, study, study... now, I can't remember a goddam thing I studied, but I was lucky enough to inherit enough so that I can go goof off anytime I want to. So, at 31, I'm doing the stuff I wanted to do when I was 13. LOL

In any case, the bottom line is the white gas or Gasoline stove is the best option in any case with the only drawback being high fuel consumption and weight.

One of the things I do is sit out in the park, or on my stoop, fire up some tea or cocoa and light up a cigar. I'm always playing with different methods of doing so, and have come to the conclusion that the best method is a liquid or gas fuel stove. Trioxane and Esbit are simply unpredictable as to the efficiency, and its consumption may in fact be too high depending upon other factors.

Back