Military'esquing the Endela & Delica Profiles...

Ah... the interface of the ricasso/choil to the scale is a best attempt at blending functionality VS aesthetics with trying to reprofile the Endela to resemble the Military. Also I think the angle the photo was taken at might be exacerbating your asymmetry issue. I'm attaching the CAD vectors which better illustrate this region without an angular skew.

2t61saQ.jpg

Beautiful work. Those fluted models look AMAZING. I would probably carry one of these far more than I do a PM2 or para3.

I machined the first set of 3D Delica/Lil'Militia scales... carbon fiber with a subtle fluted shell texture... black Micarta back spacer...

I needed to get this one in hand to determine comfort and hand size suitability. I'm 6'2" but with a medium hand... I can't palm a basketball. This design will find favor with those having small and medium hand size. You will like the grip comfort.

Those with large hands will find the pivot swell tends to cramp their four finger grip and it will feel as if there is not quite enough heel length.

cYPHA4I.jpg

VoVro9h.jpg

9Wz3u3F.jpg

htgauIm.jpg

NVOA8ic.jpg

TT9sthR.jpg

Yx3Gk1t.jpg

mixOgH4.jpg

37od7Hz.jpg

Last edited:
Those colors are Awesome! The lights and darks, of the G10, really let's it pop!

I machined the first set of 3D Delica/Lil'Militia scales... carbon fiber with a subtle fluted shell texture... black Micarta back spacer...

I needed to get this one in hand to determine comfort and hand size suitability. I'm 6'2" but with a medium hand... I can't palm a basketball. This design will find favor with those having small and medium hand size. You will like the grip comfort.

Those with large hands will find the pivot swell tends to cramp their four finger grip and it will feel as if there is not quite enough heel length.

cYPHA4I.jpg

VoVro9h.jpg

9Wz3u3F.jpg

htgauIm.jpg

NVOA8ic.jpg

TT9sthR.jpg

Yx3Gk1t.jpg

mixOgH4.jpg

37od7Hz.jpg
Amazing work! Really like the CF version and think the millie profile fits well. What is the handle thickness Installed and price? Would the scales fit a wharnie delica?

I have never changed scales on any of my knives, but those Endela scales are really tempting...I think I need me some!

Spyderco PROMOD Delica/Lil'Militia... full contour purple G10 w/jade G10 smooth flush back spacer... seashell fluting texture.

T3658oZ.jpg

xhxQh2U.jpg

CRoH93c.jpg

QUQ02R3.jpg
My daughter(12yrs old), loves her purple collection! Ladybug, Dragonfly 2, and a Maxamet Para 3 w/ the cruwear purple scales..
I'm sure she is going to love this one, come Christmas! If I can keep it from her, for that long! Lol..

Are all of these custom, or do you have a storefront set up somewhere?
99.99% of everything I machine is custom per request. Occasionally I will have a spec set of scales or knife to offer up. My only web presence is knife forums and photo archives such as Flickr and IG...

Beautiful works ! As a newbie, I've never even thought about changing my knives' scales... but the possibilities are endless so I certainly intend to absorb knowledge on the matter and probably order some later on.

Boomer, if you don't mind me asking :
- I'm guessing your creations to date cover many Spyderco models, not just the Endela/Delica ?
- What's the usual price range of your scales ? (I'm aware it will vary according to size/finish, but just to get a rough estimate)
- Do you ship internationally ?

Back