Mini CQC-7 vs CQC-7- can't decide?

colubrid

Gold Member
Does the mini CQC-7 have slimmer grips than the CQC-7??

Can't decide between the two. I like the stubbier blade look of the Mini CQC-7. Just not sure i would want it if the grips are the same thickness as the full size CQC-7.

Emerson website only shows the measured thickness of the blades. Not the thickness of the grips. I was wondering if the smaller MIni CQC-7 is any slimmer? Because if not, i will get the regular CQC-7.

Thanks in advance.

oh and if there are any side by side comparison pics that someone might have. i would apprciate seeing them!

The mini is just as thick.;;;;All thre sizes of the 7.
IMG_0244.jpg

Well if the mini is just as thick i willgo with the regular CQC-7 or maybe even the super if it is the same thickness in the handle as well..

I have 7's and a super 7. The super is a BIG knife, I like mine but it's a handfull and you really know it's in your pocket. I carry mine at work and switch to my 7V at home.

after getting my horseman, im thinking of getting a 7 next. its blade design with the chisel grind seems more and more useful after thinking about it.

may i ask about the liner lock thickness?
is the 7 and mini 7 liner lock thickness the same?
i have a mini A-100 and prefer the linerlock thickness of the horseman. there seems to be about a 1mm difference.

and thanks for the comparo pics.

Well i got several CQC-7's. S E V E R A L now. Including two of the super CQC-7s' and four mid size with more on the way

guess which one i pick up and carry and use the most? The mini. Go figure!

This is the video that actually got me hooked and sold on Emersons.

Whats funny is it is not a review or indepth cutting test ect. But this simple lame ass vid put on by a man using his firestarter.

Weird huh?
[video=youtube;f1NnLYOY3lA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1NnLYOY3lA[/video]

If you still can't decide, buy both and keep the one you like. Won't cost you much.

Out of all my Emerson knives, I found the CQC-7 to feel a bit blocky in the pants. Its thicker than some of Emerson's larger knives like the CQC-11.

Well i got several CQC-7's. S E V E R A L now. Including two of the super CQC-7s' and four mid size with more on the way

It's my EDC.

If you still can't decide, buy both and keep the one you like. Won't cost you much.

...or keep both anyway!

same thickness. I like them all but if you are not worried about legal length issues go big or go home :)

Yup!

That Super 7 is a badass knife. Use judgement when deploying it in polite company!

I have all three sizes and I live in Georgia where nobody looks twice when i cut my daughters hamburger at McDee's.

Peoople are really more normal or well balanced here.

i love my 7 and am thinking of getting a mini 7. how much smaller is the mini 7 handle to the 7 ?

Just got my first 7 today, a regular CQC-7BW. I was considering either it or the mini-7. I'm glad I got the regular sized 7, because to be honest, even the regular 7 blade seems kind of small. Something about the grind and blade shape just make the blade seem smaller than it is. I'm fine with it as is, perfect size for EDC IMO, but I think I would have been disappointed with the Mini.

I just ordered a mini cqc7 it will be my first Emerson, can't wait.

Cheers.

Back