1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Mini Crooked River, PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by blades&wrenches, Jun 4, 2016.

1. blades&wrenches

blades&wrenches Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Dear Benchmade,
    First off, you hit it out of the park with the Crooked River! Its just a beautiful knife. I love the blade shape, pivot ring, bolsters, and stabilized wood scales. I also appreciate that you used a large pivot, stop pin, and Axis lock bar. This knife makes me smile everytime I hold it.

My only two criticisms are the orange backspacer and the size. The spacer I can ultimately live with, but some standoffs, like in the North Fork, would IMO only benefit this knife aesthetically. As far as size goes, for its intended uses in camping, outdoor, etc. the size is great, but I want desperately to work this thing into my EDC rotation, but I find its just a little big to do so. So what Im asking, and maybe youve already got one in the works, is...
    GIVE US A MINI CROOKED RIVER, PLEEEEASE!
    A 3.25-3.5" blade, around 8" OAL would be awesome!

Thanks,
    B&W

2. jazub

jazub Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Agreed that a mini Crooked River would be sweet. Size-wise, something just bigger than a mini Grip would be my preference. It is too handsome a design to not give us a mini, imo.

3. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Agreed 100%.

4. eon blue apocalypse

eon blue apocalypse

Apr 11, 2015
    I love my Crooked River, and it is a mainstay in my EDC rotation.

That said, I would buy a mini if it was produced. Will never part with my full sized one though.

5. Cursum Perficio

Cursum Perficio Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 27, 2012
    About a 3.25" blade version would get my money.

6. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I suspect we'll see one, as almost every review I've watched or read brought up the idea of a mini. And let's face it, Benchmade cheerfully offers 2 sizes of a LOT of models already and I just think they'd be leaving serious money on the table if they don't.

7. Sosa

Sosa

Feb 6, 2014
    I'd like to see an xl. There's plenty of smaller knives out there. 4" blade and above not so much.

8. Muet d'hiver

Muet d'hiver

Jul 11, 2015
    Mine too !

9. filtrum

filtrum

Jun 25, 2014
    XL Crooked, 810, 710, 581, or 4,5" 943, yeah... or any larger grip... or ANY-F...ING-THING ALREADY, FOR GOD'S SAKE!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  10. Boston_Strong

Boston_Strong

Jul 7, 2016
    Just read on knife news, benchmade confirmed that they are going to produce a mini crooked river, story said they could ship as soon as this summer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. photoman12001

photoman12001 Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2008
    Awesome, I've been waiting for this. Now if I could get a mini Bedlam...

12. ubieday

ubieday

Dec 5, 2014
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. gusnuts

gusnuts Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Very excited for the mini! I'm hoping the blade is around 3.25".

14. esurm

esurm

Jun 12, 2011
    According to the Benchmade forum

(Edited a few times)
    Before it said something along the lines of the author of the article misinterpreting what was said.

15. Sosa

Sosa

Feb 6, 2014
    My thoughts exactly. Micro mini lovers have tons of choices already. How come nobody demanded a shrunken Lincoln continental.

16. photoman12001

photoman12001 Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2008
    Probably because no one carries a Lincoln Continental in their pocket.

17. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Me too! There is a serious lack of 3.25" blade lengths so I'm really, really hoping they make it that length

18. esurm

esurm

Jun 12, 2011
    Not going to happen, at least in 2017. Straight from the mouths of Benchmade themselves. They said the article misunderstood what was being said.

19. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2014
    I can wait a year if it's 3.25" blade. If it's a different blade length then that I'm not even interested in buying it.