Mini Crooked River, PLEASE!

blades&wrenches

Gold Member
Dear Benchmade,
First off, you hit it out of the park with the Crooked River! Its just a beautiful knife. I love the blade shape, pivot ring, bolsters, and stabilized wood scales. I also appreciate that you used a large pivot, stop pin, and Axis lock bar. This knife makes me smile everytime I hold it.

My only two criticisms are the orange backspacer and the size. The spacer I can ultimately live with, but some standoffs, like in the North Fork, would IMO only benefit this knife aesthetically. As far as size goes, for its intended uses in camping, outdoor, etc. the size is great, but I want desperately to work this thing into my EDC rotation, but I find its just a little big to do so. So what Im asking, and maybe youve already got one in the works, is...
GIVE US A MINI CROOKED RIVER, PLEEEEASE!
A 3.25-3.5" blade, around 8" OAL would be awesome!

Thanks,
B&W

Agreed that a mini Crooked River would be sweet. Size-wise, something just bigger than a mini Grip would be my preference. It is too handsome a design to not give us a mini, imo.

Agreed that a mini Crooked River would be sweet. Size-wise, something just bigger than a mini Grip would be my preference. It is too handsome a design to not give us a mini, imo.

Agreed 100%.

I love my Crooked River, and it is a mainstay in my EDC rotation.

That said, I would buy a mini if it was produced. Will never part with my full sized one though.

I suspect we'll see one, as almost every review I've watched or read brought up the idea of a mini. And let's face it, Benchmade cheerfully offers 2 sizes of a LOT of models already and I just think they'd be leaving serious money on the table if they don't.

I'd like to see an xl. There's plenty of smaller knives out there. 4" blade and above not so much.

XL Crooked, 810, 710, 581, or 4,5" 943, yeah... or any larger grip... or ANY-F...ING-THING ALREADY, FOR GOD'S SAKE!

Last edited:
Just read on knife news, benchmade confirmed that they are going to produce a mini crooked river, story said they could ship as soon as this summer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

76c1b50fb0ef51ce27d461cd35017333.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the Benchmade forum

(Edited a few times)
Hey Everyone,

A mini version of this knife is not out of the realm of possibilities... As of right now we do not have a 2017 launch currently planned for this but please keep your eyes open!

Before it said something along the lines of the author of the article misinterpreting what was said.

XL Crooked, 810, 710, 581, or 4,5" 943, yeah... or any larger grip... or ANY-F...ING-THING ALREADY, FOR GOD'S SAKE!

My thoughts exactly. Micro mini lovers have tons of choices already. How come nobody demanded a shrunken Lincoln continental.

Me too! There is a serious lack of 3.25" blade lengths so I'm really, really hoping they make it that length

Not going to happen, at least in 2017. Straight from the mouths of Benchmade themselves. They said the article misunderstood what was being said.

Not going to happen, at least in 2017. Straight from the mouths of Benchmade themselves. They said the article misunderstood what was being said.

I can wait a year if it's 3.25" blade. If it's a different blade length then that I'm not even interested in buying it.

Back