Mini Diktator

crocogator106

Gold Member
Anyone have any experience with the Mini Diktator grinder? I'm on a really tight budget and wanting to move on from my Crafstman 2 x 42.

Anyone have any experience with the Mini Diktator grinder? I'm on a really tight budget and wanting to move on from my Crafstman 2 x 42.

I can't speak for the "mini diktator", but the model has done pretty well for the company they stole the design from (Northridge Grinders). I believe Northridge is in process of revamping the design, FYI. Their original was called the Mod-E by the way.

I definitely like the platen brackets better on the Mod-E. They will allow for the use of a file guide or Bubble Jig for the plunge lines.

I’m resurrecting this older thread to give an update on my experience with Diktator grinders. I got the mini and it’s been a pretty decent little grinder so far. It needed a few tweaks but for the most part I like it. Their customer service however is another matter. I’ve sent multiple questions to them through their website, which by the way is the only way to get in touch with them. My questions have either gotten no response or a response that they have to get with their “engineers” to answer my questions to which I get no response. I was interested in getting some updates to my mini such as a small arm attachment and variable speed motor but all I get is static from them. At one point, prior to purchase of the mini, I had to ask a question through an eBay listing they had and finally got my question answered. My 2 cents but if I had it to do over again I’d save my money and buy from a reputable grinder manufacturer who has at least “some” customer service.

I’m resurrecting this older thread to give an update on my experience with Diktator grinders. I got the mini and it’s been a pretty decent little grinder so far. It needed a few tweaks but for the most part I like it. Their customer service however is another matter. I’ve sent multiple questions to them through their website, which by the way is the only way to get in touch with them. My questions have either gotten no response or a response that they have to get with their “engineers” to answer my questions to which I get no response. I was interested in getting some updates to my mini such as a small arm attachment and variable speed motor but all I get is static from them. At one point, prior to purchase of the mini, I had to ask a question through an eBay listing they had and finally got my question answered. My 2 cents but if I had it to do over again I’d save my money and buy from a reputable grinder manufacturer who has at least “some” customer service.

Feel free to start a new thread on the Shop Talk forum of you still have some questions. I’ll bet we can help you at least get started in the right direction.

Man, that Mini Diktator must be one hell of a success the way a few folks keep trying to kill it off and it keeps coming back! Or, there really is no such thing as “bad publicity” and every mention helps the Mini Diktator’s sales?
Or, are all the Mini Diktator anti-ads/threads really a Mod-E pre-release ad campaign?
Or in the end, will it become a David and Goliath story where a high end manufacturer tried to kill off his competition and all he succeeded in doing was to bring more attention to the entity he wanted to destroy?
Or, are all the Mini Diktator anti-threads just a way to make a third person sales pitch on BF and forego the dealers fee?

Or (e) is it that nobody really believes what someone else has to say and the desire to save a few $ is the ultimate decider?

Some want to drive a Benz from point A to point B, and some will use a Chevy for the same trip. Some are more status minded, and some really need the extra bells and whistles to reach that destination. Kerosene.

I recently got a mod-E from Northridge and will be setting it up when I return from Blade. First impression is that it's more solid than it appears. I'll do a review of it when it's up and running.

Are the Mod-E’s now available or a previous purchase?

Back