Mini-Grip, Bugout or North Fork?

G-10 Mini Grip until the Mini 940 comes out , that should be called the 945. Oh Yea !!!!!

Here's my vote:

RMmC2Cy.jpg

Well, my decision was made pretty easy tonight. I logged on, went to the Exchange and, lo and behold, there's a North Fork at an attractive price. I nabbed it and it will be winging its way to me soon.

A North Fork at the price of a standard Mini-Grip was too good to pass up.

That’s awesome! I can almost guarantee it will take over your pocket. Just give it a few days once it flies in.

North fork, ah that’s a very nice companion knife
Congratulations.
That would have been my pick (of the 3 choices offered).
Be sure to come back here and let us all know what you think of it.

The North Fork arrived yesterday and, as I suspected, I'm in love. It is a small knife, but has a very substantial and solid feel to it. And I love the length of it. I usually wear large size gloves, and the grip is long enough to give me a secure 4 finger grip with the outside of my pinky being flush with the end of the knife.

It's also a very handsome knife (in my opinion) with the Dymondwood scales. It does not surpass the 940 in my opinion, and won't relegate the 940 to the safe, but it will demand equal carrying time for a while until I decide which one I like better for EDC.

I'll post some pics and further thought after I carry the North Fork for a while.

Last edited:
have all 3. North Fork spends a bit more time in the rotation than the Mini G. Bugout....well, has never left my office, yet. It may end up in a bag that stays in my jeep.

Just an update. Still loving the North Fork. It's just the right size, big enough to be useful but small enough not to feel big or heavy in a pocket. Action is great, both opening and closing. I sharpened it up on my Sharpmaker and the S30V wasn't hard to get a decent edge on. There's just nothing about it that I dislike, and a lot that I do like. I have found myself picking the North Fork over the 940 more often than not when it's time to slip a knife in my pocket in the morning.

Still want to get a Mini-Grip just for comparison, mainly because I love the full size Grip for carrying when I'm working on the farm.

IMG_1262-L.jpg

IMG_1252-L.jpg

IMG_1262-L.jpg

Last edited:
My North fork has found it's way back into my pocket for the past 3 weeks. It is the one. You know it's bad when my wife says you have a bunch of different knives in the safe but you keep carrying this one lol (I think she is hinting at selling others. Will NEVER happen)

I'm envious of the scales some of you guys got. My north fork is pretty dark and you can't see the grain very well, which is one of the main reasons I got one. Anyway, you got a beautiful example and I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of it. It's definitely one of my favorites :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back