mini Kwaiken flipper confirmed

Ok, carried it for a bit today, it is deff a tad portly in hand, not horrible but you can feel it compared to similar sized options. My biggest gripe is how close the back end of the blade is to the edge of the liners. If you run your finger along the liners you can actually feel the edge of the blade. Took a picture to show what I'm talking about. Other than that I like it, not fond of the weight, I may have to get the G10 version or hold out for a Carbon model. Also took some quick snaps of 2 comparable sized options. It does look quite classy when folded, would look good for someone dressed and pressed... but the weight.

Got the g10 model
The extra weight loss helps
They both carry well,
They are very nice knives
The real winner is the tuxedo though,
It's everything the full size kwaiken needed to be, light, fast, smooth and very pocketable
I really like all three of them

It's everything the full size kwaiken needed to be, light, fast, smooth and very pocketable

Any issues with sticky titanium liner lock? I've heard some have had that issue.

The titanium liners and bolsters definitely help keep the weight down.

Any issues with sticky titanium liner lock? I've heard some have had that issue.

The titanium liners and bolsters definitely help keep the weight down.

Yes there is some lock stick, not a deal breaker for me though, better with the black marker trick

I noticed your mini titanium is serial# 220
Mine is 223

Yes there is some lock stick, not a deal breaker for me though, better with the black marker trick

I noticed your mini titanium is serial# 220
Mine is 223

Some of those titanium liner locks are brutal and time-consuming to break-in so that there's no lock stick. Sharpie treatment works well. Silver Sharpie nearly invisible.

I really like my Mini the most (I have the full size titanium, smoke wash CF and an older orange G-10 without flipper tab). The Mini Titanium at 3.92 ounces it's not overly heavy but if it was an ounce lighter it'd be great. Perhaps they'll make a smoke wash CF one.

Some of those titanium liner locks are brutal and time-consuming to break-in so that there's no lock stick. Sharpie treatment works well. Silver Sharpie nearly invisible.

I really like my Mini the most (I have the full size titanium, smoke wash CF and an older orange G-10 without flipper tab). The Mini Titanium at 3.92 ounces it's not overly heavy but if it was an ounce lighter it'd be great. Perhaps they'll make a smoke wash CF one.

I found my silver sharpie and covered the initial black coat already and yes it hides much better

Second application of silver really did the trick, lock stick gone

Got the g10 model
The extra weight loss helps
They both carry well,
They are very nice knives
I really like all three of them
There's always that balance of thin for great edc and a thicker handle for more comfortable purchase when cutting. So if the weight was shaved down to 3 ounces would you say that balance in overall handle heft is well balanced for edc and cutting tasks?

I just budgeted for a different knife purchase but I would like to pick up the urban trapper or the mini straight after that. They both really appeal to me. I usually pick up a "yard and garden" knife every word terms to use for yard work. I've done this the past three years now and after trying a whole bunch of configurations I've come to think I like a full serrated folder for most of those types of jobs.

So I would like to have the mini as a heftier weekend edc just for fun. The urban I almost think I could edc that every day just because of its slimness. I do t need 3.5" of blade in most instances though.

There's always that balance of thin for great edc and a thicker handle for more comfortable purchase when cutting. So if the weight was shaved down to 3 ounces would you say that balance in overall handle heft is well balanced for edc and cutting tasks?

I just budgeted for a different knife purchase but I would like to pick up the urban trapper or the mini straight after that. They both really appeal to me. I usually pick up a "yard and garden" knife every word terms to use for yard work. I've done this the past three years now and after trying a whole bunch of configurations I've come to think I like a full serrated folder for most of those types of jobs.

So I would like to have the mini as a heftier weekend edc just for fun. The urban I almost think I could edc that every day just because of its slimness. I do t need 3.5" of blade in most instances though.

I carry a Spyderco Delica for my work edc five days a week,
tried quite a few different knives and it is most well rounded for work use and won't break the bank if I destroy or lose it.
That said, it only leaves two days a week for other edc's to find their way into my pocket, or after work of course.
It can be a hard choice sometimes,
when I reach into my knife safe on weekends, my wife says "accessorizing?" with a giggle, I laugh and say yes.
The Mini kwaiken will find it's way in as it's shorter length, even with the slight weight, carries well and is a classy knife.
The Urban trapper which finds it's way often, both the cocobola and the G-10, it is so light and slim, it just disappears in the pocket even with the longer blade.
I have to stand in front of my knives and say which of you get's out today.

Got my own mini ti today as a day off/gentleman's folder, because I liked the original kwaiken flipper but it was a little big for that role. This one is perfectly sized and very simple and classy. The jimping makes all the difference and with the smaller blade it's a snappy flipper for sure. The only downside is that it didn't come very sharp...it's "good enough," but I'm a sharpness junkie so it'll need a little work on the stones. Still, worth getting if you're at all interested!

I want to pick up a mini kwaiken in G10, I bought the tuxedo one from blade hq and it had really tight lock stick, when I put the pencil to the tip of the ti liner it would just slip off and knife was unsafe. I wish they put jimping on top for the thumb where the serial number goes and get rid of that serial number it does nothing for me. Spend the money on jimping not some stupid number BOKER.. The grinds were uneven too. Blade was centered. So I returned it and looking for a mini kwaiken in g10 stonewash. Is it big loss in blade from the large kwaiken for those who have the mini? Also the large kwaiken wouldn't slice or cut worth a damn. Are these boker plus kwaikens all like that? Or can it be a super slicer? I just don't know if it can even though it has the nice hollow grinds.

I just got the full sized kwaiken as a Christmas present. It's a really good full sized knife. I can imaging the mini being a really great edc.

I received my Mini Kwaiken Titanium this afternoon and I really like it. It is heavy until you open it and then the heft feels just right to me. I love the length of the blade and the grip is just big enough. I am not sure what you guys mean when you talk about sticky liner lock though. Mine snaps into place easily and then releases easily so I guess I got one without the issues.

I received my Mini Kwaiken Titanium this afternoon and I really like it. It is heavy until you open it and then the heft feels just right to me. I love the length of the blade and the grip is just big enough. I am not sure what you guys mean when you talk about sticky liner lock though. Mine snaps into place easily and then releases easily so I guess I got one without the issues.

It's the full Tuxedo Kwaiken with titanium liners that has sticky lock issues. Other full Kwaikens with steel liners and the Mini Kwaikens which also have the steel liners have no such issues.

It's the full Tuxedo Kwaiken with titanium liners that has sticky lock issues. Other full Kwaikens with steel liners and the Mini Kwaikens which also have the steel liners have no such issues.

Sorry, we derailed the thread a little on that one, as Ramzar said the issue is with the titanium liner in the full size kwaiken, lock stick is generally when you have a titanium frame lock or titanium liner lock intefacing with a steel blade. They don't all have this issue but my titamium kwaiken did, hence our conversation.
Ramzar, it did end up becoming a deal breaker for me and I returned it.
I do have both models of the mini kwaiken and they are indeed awesome

I friggin love my wife. She just sent me an email. It's the receipt from blade hq for a g10 mini kwaiken, she ordered me one because I kept looking at it online. Looking forward to comparing it to the regular. I have an urban trapper coming in the mail too.

Back